Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
andywreid

SCL2 Function Problems

5 posts in this topic

I am having problems understanding the scaling function scl2 on the cs1 plcs. If i have a 4-20mA input, how do I scale this to be 0-100?

Try reading this technote by Sleepy Wombat: Scaling in SC1/CJ1 PLCs @ MrPLC.com Also try here: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic...st=0entry9044

I was actually looking if anyone could describe the SCL function, just because it was pissing me off that I couldn't understand it myself.

The SCL simply grabs your source data (typically 0 through to fa0) for C200H-Ad003 and converts to a usable engineered unit like your 0 - 100%. P1 or the second operand in the function block is used to define the starting point of the required linear coordinates. Simply draw a line with the slope of dy/dx and add your offset. These points are stored in Data Memory normally. The PLC will then convert your HEX number to a BCD number (can still be viewed as hex but will not have any a,b.....f etc). Does this help at all?? If not, the omron Digital Technical Library (see Omron) has the CS/CJ instruction reference manual. The graph shown should give you a good idea what each value is doing.

What's the significance of #0801 in D29000? Does it matter just as long as it isn't 0 or 1 (which apparently compute sine and cosine respectively)?