Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saamy

Can we select "Odd" Parity under "CH0-System" for DF1 Full Duplex?

5 posts in this topic

Hi friends, I'm having SLC 5/05 PLC L553. Can we select "Odd" Parity under "CH0-System" for DF1 Full Duplex Driver? Because there is no option to change the PLC to Odd parity if we select DF1 driver in RSLogix500. -------- Thanks In Advance

Have you tried configuring the driver thru RSLinx? In my experience when you configure a DF1 driver in RSLinx, there is a dropdown box that allows you to select parity. I have never tried to configure a driver thru RSLogix500.

It appears you can (in RSLinx), but why would you want to if you cannot change it in the SLC? (NONE and Even only choice in SLC) Edited by Mickey

Thanks for reply, I want to communicate SLC with the Siemens HMI in odd parity. Odd parity is Applicable in user mode(Ascii). But in that HMI there is no Ascii protocol, they were providing only DF1 protocol. Any chances to Enable the Odd parity in DF1 Protocol ?

I'm not a Siemens user, maybe if you tell the forum which HMI you have ( catalog number) those that are familiar with it can help.