Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kenwei8011

How to upload IO Table and Unit Setup for CQM1 CPU41 PLC

7 posts in this topic

Hi all, May I know how can I upload the PLC program file included the "IO table and unit setup"? Recently I just uploaded a CQM1-CPU41 PLC program (by Go Online then Transfer from PLC) and I realized only the program has been uploaded. There is no "IO Table and Unit Setup" field in the project file. I've read thru some articles, Is it the proper procedure to upload a PLC project file is to create a new project and select the correct CPU, once the new project file has been created, double click on the "IO table and Unit Setup" and the PLC IO Table page will appear. Then select from Options --> Transfer from the PLC to upload the IO Table? I don't have any PLC with me to try it out now, hope someone with the experience can explain and advise me how to do it. Thank you very much! Best regards,

The CQM1/CQM1H does not have an "I/O Table." So there is nothing to upload. An I/O table assigns addresses to I/O modules and the CQM1/H uses contiguous addressing based on position in the stack.

Hi All, Another question, I have done the program conversion from CQM1 CPU41 to CJ2M CPU13(actually I just copy the whole program rungs and paste them to the new PLC project file) and remapped all the I/O addresses. I understand that the address type "DM" in CQM1 will have to change them to "D" and timer contact "TIM" will change to "T". E.g. "DM100 == D100", "TIM010 == T0010". How about for "HR"? Would "HR25.13 == H25.13" in CJ2M CPU13? Thanks a lot. Best regards, KenWei

That is correct HR25.13 in a CQM becomes H25.13 in a CJ2.

A better option is to let CX Programmer do the conversion for you. Open your CQM1 project then double click the PLC in the project tree. In the Change PLC dialog select your CJ2M from the Device Type drop down box. CX Programmer does a great job converting but if you are using the HSC functions in the CQM1 then you'll have to do some programming.

Thank you very much for the above replies. Hi IO_Rack, I will try out the method you stated above and see if I can get the same result. Thank you.