Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
arthur123

CX-programmer

3 posts in this topic

Hi there, I'm new to PLC. Currently having problem to connecting PLC CP1L-L to CX-Programmer. Problem: Not able to go online (previously was working fine until I installed wonderware in my PC, and upon removing wonderware, the communication still fails!!) 1. CX-programmer version: 9.51 2. Go direct online > status shows connecting > immediately changes back to offline (via USB) 3. When unplugging USB, it states: port number error. Please check. 4. In Device Manager, under USB portion, it shows OMRON PLC device, I presume it's being recognized. Please help and I truly appreciate! My colleague told me to update the CX-Server but none of us knows how to do that. And, I'm not sure what I've done during the installation of wonderware to make the communication bridge collapsed. Thank you! arthur

I would suggest re-installing CX-One. Uninstall first - I think there is an uninstaller at My Omron. Many programs muck up comms for others - Omron is the only one I run in native Windows as it shuts down clean. All others go in a virtual box these days to stop them all fighting with each other!

Have you tried removing the device in Windows device manager and have the drivers reinstall automatically?