Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

AOIs created in version 17, imported into 16?

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone had any problems making an AOI in version 17, then doing an export, then trying to reimport that AOI into version 16? I get a failed import on version 16 with an AOI that was exported from version 17.

I think I answered my own questions. It appears that is the case. If you make an AOI in a higher version of Logix 5000 and you export the L5X file, you can not take that L5X file and import that into a lower version. You will get an Failed to Import message. However if you make an AOI in a lower version of Logix 5000 and export the L5X file, you are free to bring that import file upward into higher versions of Logix. At least that is what my one hour experiment has proven to me.

Chris, If you open the L5X in a text editor, you will find header info that gives the version number. Maybe, try changing it and try to import.

I tried that trick already and still in the process. I used NotePad++ with the Compare Plugin to find differences, I found that version 17.0 had extra header information than the version 16.0 headers. I tried to delete all extra headers, but I haven't found what it likes or dislikes yet...but yes...I am tinkering in Notepad now.