Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FET_Destroyer

List Selection Problem

5 posts in this topic

Hello Guys, I need some help. I'm working on a HMI program, usually I use a List Selection to select from various choices (poiting to a *.lst file with the options) and everything is ok, but in this case I need that the list selection read a dynamic list, so my approach was this: 1 - I saved text in the PLC 2 - I put a button to update the list to the NS 3 - I configure the List Selection to read a list from the NS memory 4 - My problem is that the NS is only showing the first line of text, does anybody know why? Specifically, I save text in DM100, the the button on the HMI copy 50 words from DM100 to $W100, then the List Selection should update with that 50 strings, I think only shown one string because of the 0 which means string end. How to bypass this? My settings are shown below. Regards Edited by FET_Destroyer

Did you try to start your second string at D110? Your list object is set to have 20 characters per line (10 words), perhaps storing your second string at D110 instead of D106 might fix the problem.

The data in D103, D104, D105 needs to be something other than 0000. Use space character 2020. List works on ASCII and 0000 is null character.

Wouldn't he then get a big long string that looks like this: "ABCDEF (6 spaces) GHIJKL" I do not think that is the desired result. I believe that he wants 2 separate strings: "ABCDEF" "GHIJKL"

Then he will have to start his second set of data at D110. If the data contains null characters, the list stops at the first null character.