Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Camel

Versa Pro

8 posts in this topic

What is Versa Pro? We use LM-90 and LM6 here. It would be great to have a good GUI like concept. Thanks The only stupid question is the question never asked.

This is VERSAPRO. A Windows software to program GE. http://www.geindustrial.com/cwc/products?p...nlid=2&id=verpr But if your are going to PURCHASE something now. I'd look into getting CIMPLICITY Machine Edition http://www.geindustrial.com/cwc/products?p...meld&lang=en_US

Thanks Man I get tired of our dos based pooh.

Neither VersaPro nor Cimplicity (recently renamed Proficy) Machine Edition are going to help you with your Series Six PLCs. DOS based LM6 is as good as it will ever get for those PLCs. You should seriously consider a replacement strategy if you're planning to keep the machinery controlled by the Series Six PLCs in production. GE Fanuc is no longer manufacturing Series Six components. Parts are only available from third party suppliers. LM6 will not run on newer computers with an OS newer than NT. I keep an old computer with a 386 processor on hand to support my customers who still have Series Six. When that dies, I'm not sure what I'll do. If I'm lucky, I'll reach retirement age before the computer.

Allready a step ahead of you. Our LM6 PLC is due for the "can" in Janurary. As a matter of fact our new Modicon Quantum PLC is already in the controll room. Just waiting for a good time to take our plant offline. LM6 Sucks If you know a nonprofit org. like a votech or something to that effect that would like a few dozen LM6 racks let me know. If not they WILL end up in a dumpster. (he he he)

If you have Series 6 PLCs, you are locked into using the DOS-based LogicMaster 6 software. LogicMaster 6 was available in 2 flavors...serial communications (no online edits, processor has to be stopped to make changes) and parallel communications (requires a special WASI card - double-length ISA-bus card, allows online edits but is slow as molasses). I am in the same boat you are...LogicMaster 6 bites really bad, but there is no direct alternative. Plan B - upgrade the master Series 6 rack to a 90/30 rack. The 90/30 has been around for awhile and will likely be obsoleted in the next few years. However, there is ample 90/30 on the surplus market AND there is Windows-based software to talk to them (used to be VersaPro but is now Cimplicity). There are some quirks to converting a Series 6 master rack to a 90/30 master rack, and those challenges I leave up to the capable GE controls integrators.

We have just upgrade form Series 6 to 90-70 and will go to PAC once the product stabilises!!??!!. For a few years now we have been using the HE697BEM700 to interface our 90-70 to series 6 hardware. Great unit (however costly), this allowed us to use the 90-70 with the Series 6 current IO and thus allowing us to stage our IO upgrades. Some times one drive at a time if we could only get a couple of hour’s shutdown. I also hear that the S6PIO is a better interface module. Cheers

Can you guys ..........................EDIT........ Thanks Fidanco Admin Edit: Sorry, we can't e-mail you any software Please contact your GE supplier