Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DavidB

1799ER Problems

2 posts in this topic

I’m just curious if other people have had difficulties setting the IP address of Allen Bradley's 1799ER-IQ10XOQ10 card (embedded Ethernet I/O card). I have spent hours on the phone with their tech support to the point where they say the problem must be in my computer. The only way I have had any success (using the BootP-DHCP Server program) it to restart my laptop in safe mode and then just try, try and try again. I had one unit that gave me every indication that the new IP address was sent, and that the command to disable BootP was successful, but still I had to try at least 3 times before I could even ping it. Is anyone else out there experiencing this kind of difficulty?

It is getting more and more difficult to do Bootp functions on modern PCs. As much as you don't want to hear it, they a probably right, the issue is with your PC. I think it is the primary reason for an increase in the sales of our IP Explorer in the past year. Its purpose is to read and write IP addresses to devices such as this. http://www.theautomationstore.com/ethernet-ip-address-explorer-dhcp-and-bootp-server/