Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leandro

Analog outputs FX2N-4DA

28 posts in this topic

Hi! I'm pretty new in Mitsubishi, so i must clear some doubts. I have to use a FX2N - 4DA module (4 analog outputs) with a FX1N PLC in order to send information to a inverter Siemens, so a motor can change the speed. I've been reading the manual but i don't get clearly how the analog outputs work. I already programmed the FROM and TO instructions that mention in the manual so the outputs get activated, but i don't understand which is the tag that will contain the information for each channel. I only have to use one channel in voltage mode. I hope i explained myself clearly. Thanks!!

Prog software and language type? How does your program look so far (screenshot)??

Hi! Here i have a screenshot from the analog module's manual, and i wrote the same in my program. I did't test it in the PLC yet, but i would like to understand what exactly it is saying. In that example the program sets Chanel 1,Chanel 2 as voltage mode, and Chanel 3,Chanel 4 as current mode. I only need to use Chanel 1 or Chanel 2 as voltage. I 'm using GX Developer v 8.74

OK, Rungs: 1. Reads 1 register from module 1, BFM#20 into D4 (model code) 2. Compares D4 with 3020 (to ensure correct module - model code = 3020) 3. Writes 1 constant (H2100) to module 1, BFM#0 (Channels -14 from right to left: Ch1=0=Volt, Ch2=0=Volt, Ch3=1=4-20mA, Ch4=2=0-20mA) - This is a TOP instruction, hence only written one scan after M0=1 4. Writes 4 registers (D0-D3) to module 1, BFM#1-4 (Writes D0->BFM#1, D1->BFM#2, D2->BFM#3, D3->BFM#4) 5. Reads 1 register from module 1, BFM#29 (bits in a register) and puts them in M10-M25 (K4M10 = StartAddress M10, and 4 blocks of 4 bits) 6. Checks the bit0 (M10) and bit10 (M20) to control for any abnormal data

Thanks! That means, for instance, that i can use register D1 to save the scaled analog value? (0-10V)

No. Channel 1 output is D0, not D1.

He's using both channel 1 and channel 2, hence both D0 and D1.

His original post said only using one channel of voltage output.

hey guys, the FX1N PLC that i'm using already has an analog voltage output working through D0 register. Now, I will add FX2N 4DA module in order to use another voltage output, so i think that i have to use D1 register instead of D0, cause DO is already in use.

How does it already have an analog output if you are adding an FX2N-4DA? Keep in mind that the FX1N only allows 2 extension modules on the right hand side.

I'm adding the FX2N 4DA module because the PLC is already using the FX1N 1DA BD module (only one channel) Look in the picture. If i'm not wrong, the FX1N PLC allows the 4DA module on the right hand side. Edited by Leandro

That's correct, you can connect the FX2N-4DA. You can use any D available if you want, just change it in the FROM instruction.

That analog board already installed does NOT use D0 unless the program is coded that way. The actual number to adjust the analog output is written to D8114.

Hi!, i'M in Honda factory trying to get This Analog output to work, but i get no voltage in the output. I've already programmed everything but the plc doesn't seem to recognize the Analog module. Am i Missing some hardware configuration? Thanks!

Post your code. Are you getting an error code in the PLC? There is no setup required to connect the module other than plugging in the ribbon cable and the couple lines of code mentioned earlier.

Here is the error in the picture. the wiring is ok and the from/to instructions are written ok. I'm copying 4 registers beggining in D5 , as voltage mode. But nothing happens. Curiosly the other Analog output used with 1DA module does work with D8114.

Sorry, i'm on mobile phone. The error is as follows: Error code: 6708 Step number of error: D8069 LED status run: on LED status prog: off PLC act status; run Error causes: from/to instruction error Managing method: make sure that the specified buffer memories exist in the counter part equipment. Make sure that the extension cables are connected propertly.

Write your TO and FROM instructions here. I suspect you have them wrong. The example code from earlier all shows K1 as the first parameter, which would be the second attached extension module. You said you only have one, so I would expect that first parameter should be K0 for you.

Here is the code in the picture. The module's manual shows that code for basic programming. Edited by Leandro

Your TO instructions first parameter (K1) indicates module number 2 since the addressing is zero-based. Hence, if the FX2N-4DA is your first module, you should use "K0". Where is your module located on the right hand side of the PLC? First module? Second module? Other?

The module is the first and only one on the right side of the PLC, so as you explained, i should write "K0" instead of "K1" in the first parameter of TO instructions. I didn-t know that parameter meant "module number". Thanks, i will try that way!

Hello, I'm here again with a problem in the analog output scaling. The FX 1N PLC has this module: FX1N-1DA-BD, which is an integrated analog output channel. What i need to do is to scale the output channel in order to command a Mitsubishi Motor Inverter from 0 to 50 Hz Frequency. Everything is already connected and the manual of this module says that the analog output works from 0 to 4000. This is for a motocycle production line en Honda Factory. They work with Takt counting. The Takt is the time that the line chain takes to run a certain distance, for instance: 100 seconds per 2,5 metres of chain. What i need to know: which is the best way to scale the analog output? I must work in the 0-4000 interval , in order to get values from 0-10 V in the analog output, and then finally get values from 0-50 Hz in the Inverter. A certain value in the analog output must set a certain Takt Time. This Time is seteable from a HMI Touch Device. (already done). For example: I set 100 seconds of Takt Time in the HMI Device. This value is stored en D129 register. Then, what do i need to calculate so the analog output sets the desired time? If anyone has experience in scaling outputs, would be very welcome. Thanks very much!

First you need to explain what the desired output will be for each time. So when you say 100 seconds, how much analog do you need? After that it's simple math.