Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Radek

FINS Memory Area Read - Data cannot be changed

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I try to get data from Omron PLC using FINS protocol. Any memory area I tried to read responded with the following code Response code: Data cannot be changed (0x2108). I really do not understand it because I only want to read the data. Could you pls advise me what to do? Thanks and regards, Radek Response details from Wireshark, complete in the attachment: OMRON FINS Protocol Omron Header OMRON ICF Field: 0xc0, Gateway bit: Use Gateway, Data Type bit: Response, Response setting bit: Response Required 1... .... = Gateway bit: Use Gateway (0x01) .1.. .... = Data Type bit: Response (0x01) ..0. .... = Reserved bit 0: 0x00 ...0 .... = Reserved bit 1: 0x00 .... 0... = Reserved bit 2: 0x00 .... .0.. = Reserved bit 3: 0x00 .... ..0. = Reserved bit 4: 0x00 .... ...0 = Response setting bit: Response Required (0x00) Reserved: 0x00 Gateway Count: 0x02 Destination network address: Local network (0x00) Destination node number: SYSMAC NET / LINK (0x01) Destination unit address: PC (CPU) (0x00) Source network address: Local network (0x00) Source node number: SYSMAC NET / LINK (0x01) Source unit address: PC (CPU) (0x00) Service ID: 0x01 Command CODE: Memory Area Read (0x0101) Command Data Response code: Data cannot be changed (0x2108) pakety.txt

Hello, There are several modes of FINS, 'C', 'CV' and 'CS/CJ' Looking at the data dump I see this: Command Data Memory Area Code: Unknown (0xb0) So, the error response validity is questionable. In C and CS/CJ mode, there is no memory area 0xb0. In CV mode the auxiliary area code is x0b00. Hope that helps. Edited by Mark-
1 person likes this

Also FINS source and destination nodes are the same. Destination network address: Local network (0x00) Destination node number: SYSMAC NET / LINK (0x01) Destination unit address: PC (CPU) (0x00) Source network address: Local network (0x00) Source node number: SYSMAC NET / LINK (0x01) Source unit address: PC (CPU) (0x00)
1 person likes this

Hello, first many thanks for your replies. I would like to ask you the way of addressing. We have CJ1-ETN unit. According to the W342-E1-12 Section 5-2-2 page 165. I am really confused with memory area designation. I need to read CIO 1000.03. Do I have 2 possibilities? Using 0xb0, read one word and read 1 bit of that word. Or read exactly 1 bit using 0x30. And the problem regarding destination node. The PLC is 192.168.21.1. The source IP is 192.168.6.75. If I set node as 0x4B i get no response. Which setting would you recommend me for source. Thanks in advance for your help. Regards, Radek Edited by Radek
1 person likes this

Hi, OK I was looking at the base address value and not the read code value. The read code for CS/CJ CIO area (word size) is 0xB0. >Do I have 2 possibilities? Using 0xb0, read one word and read 1 bit of that word. Or read exactly 1 bit using 0x30. That is correct. You get 16 bits in one word or one byte that is 0 or 1 for the bit. PeakHMI uses the word access mode. Most times, more than one input is needed and it is more efficient. If only one channel is needed then the over head is just one more byte returned. I am not sure all the address fields apply to TCP point to point. If going through some protocol router they might be needed. In our manual it reads: Node number The node is normally the same as the last digit of the IP address. Some devices allow zero (0) for automatic node assignment. The HMI uses the node value returned with the connection handshake. Network and unit default to 0.
1 person likes this

Hello, thank you very much for your help. It works now! Regards, Radek