Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kku

Sysmac Position Control Units (CJ1W-NC_81)

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone have experience using these position control units for G5 servos? I have an upcoming machine that has ten G5 controlled servo axes. Omron has a few different position control units that can control from 2, 4, 8, or 16 axes. Is it OK to use the 16 axes card? or is it better to use two 4 axes cards plus one 2 axes card? The station will be using a CJ2H-CPU65 (or CPU66) PLC. This application is probably better for the NJ controller but we aren't quite ready to make the switch. Edited by kku

What type of motion are you going to accomplish with your servos? I would choose the trajexia card instead with mechatrolink controlled servos. Then you have a real motion controller.

I worked with a customer that ended up with a total of 10 G5-ECT servo drives. The 16 axis module was not available when we started the project, and they added drives during design. He used one 8-axis and one 4-axis module. He also used on -x82 module and the EtherCat remote I/O. That part of the project went very well. I would plan on using the 16 axis module. You may want to check cost differences, if that is a concern. Hope this will help.

We are planning on using G5-ECT servo drives. We are also restricted to using the CJ2H PLC because that's our company standard. This is the first time we have integrated this many G5 axes so I just wanted to get an opinion from the users out there. Previous experiences have been limited to stations with one G5 axes which drives a rotary dial table. We had some hiccups initially with the setup but it's been running well for the past year. It looks like we will be using the 16 axis module. We will be using these on three sub-stations with 3 axes motion. These will be used to carry screw drivers which will install screws onto a module. We need three duplicate stations for cycle time. These will work in parallel. The additional axis will be used to transport modules from the previous station to this station. We need this to be a servo because of the length of the axis and for the cycle time that we need. Thanks for your repsonses.

Hi, I clearly see some advantages using NJ Sysmac instead of NC*8: Integration, IEC-61131-3 based, processing speed, Embedded Ethernet/IP and EtherCAT, benefit of new technologies like NX I/O, etc... Regarding NC*8 series, it is an etherCAT Position Controller. So if you just care about Point to Point motion, this unit will do the job. However if you are considering to synchronize or CAM axis, or pure Torque Control, this is not a good option. Also from cost point of view, CJ2H is the high end of the CJ series. So maybe NJ fits in price. NJ is programmed according to PLCopen Standard Motion FB's NC*8 is programmed according to PLCopen Standard Motion FB's (optionally) or by direct memory operation (like traditional OMRON NC cards).