Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brettshelley

Q Series & GOT Time Keeping

6 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, Have set up a project where I have one Q00 PLC with two GOT1675 HMI's and two SOFTGOT PC's all attached via Network. Everything is running great but I cannot seem to get the real-time clock to be synchronized across all devices. I have looked for NTP but cannot find. Customer is happy but won't sign off as the times displayed on the devices are all different!!! Annoying... Any ideas would be great... I have tried the broadcast etc but it just doesn't keep the same RTC as the rest !!! Many thanks, Brett

You'll most likely have to read the time off the PLC. They will be in special registers (SD0 etc.) that you should be able to access directly from the GOT. I've done this with an FX and two GOTs. To set the time, there is a screen that displays the time and date in a set of temporary registers. If you change any value, handshaking bits cause the new values to be set on the PLC. On the FX, this takes the instruction TWRP. Might be different on the Q. If you need to synchronize the PLC with a server, that's a different animal.

Nope .... The PLC time and the hmi time are not the same.. hmmm

No, they aren't the same unless you synchronize them. I'm saying ignore the clocks on the HMIs and display/set the time from the PLC on all the HMIs

Use the build-in time sync functions on the GOT if one GOT has access to more than one pLC.