Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ahsan1820

Panel View 600+ ethernet driver configuration

7 posts in this topic

My Panel view's ethernet port is not configured with any IP address as in picture but only serial DH485, now please tell me weather I can configured it directly from panel view communication settings via configure driver or I have to reprogram its TARGET tab via RS view studio.? And one more thing if there is any problem if i done two TARGET configurations at the same time like DH485 and ethernet .? If I upload program will it give me a copy or original file itself.?

The IP address of the PanelView Plus terminal is configured in the terminal's Network settings, rather than in the RSLinx Enterprise configuration menu. [F4] Terminal Settings Select Networks and Communications Select Network Connections Select Network Adaptors [F2] IP Address However, you cannot create RSLinx Enterprise Shortcuts directly on the terminal. You must use RSLinx Enterprise on your development PC. You can have both Ethernet and Serial drivers configured and running at the same time. You just cannot have multiple serial drivers using the same serial port. The two serial drivers you show may conflict with one another, if they attempt to use the same serial port. If your terminal has an add-on network module, it might be configured for DH485 while the built-in serial port is configured for DF1. Uploading the project from the terminal is not a good way to examine the RSLinx Enterprise configuration, but it's possible. Do you have the offline project archive file (*.APA) ? It is much easier to determine the RSLinx Enterprise configuration by Restoring that archive to a development PC running FactoryTalk View Studio.
1 person likes this

Thanks I just want to make backup of my panel view 600+ using its ethernet port which is not configured yet. now I am going to perform following steps . please tell me if I am wrong. 1. Go to main configuration Screen of panel view plus 2. Terminal Settings>Networks & Communications>Network Connections>Network Adaptors>Built In Ethernet Controller 3. Press IP Address button ,IP same as your PC except the last number 4. Subnet mask same as your PC 5. Gateway leave it as default (0.0.0.0) 6. Reset your panel view. 7. Open "ME transfer utility" go to "upload" tab. 8. Select Source storage type;click on your device detected by ethernet driver,select the source location of your .mer file in terminal. 9. Browse source file 10. Name destination folder. 11. select Ethernet driver and execute UPLOAD. one thing I want to ask is that will this Ethernet IP only use for uploading/downloading or I can use it for communicating HMI panel with PLC. Edited by ahsan1820

It will communicate with PLC with an Ethernet/IP port. This will need to be configured via FactoryTalk View Studio under the Runtime Communications.

Dear the usb method is comparitively easy. Does the original file .mer remain as it is on panel view after copying it on usb? Please tell me steps to make backup via usb.

Yes, the original *.MER file remains on the terminal when you copy it from Internal Storage to External Storage. Use the Terminal -> File Management -> Copy -> Copy Applications menu item to copy the *.MER files from Internal Storage to the USB drive, which will be called either "External Storage 2" or "USB Storage". You will find that the *.MER file is placed in a specific folder path: \Rockwell Software\RSViewME\Runtime

Thank you friends for your help ,I have tried Both Methods and working fine. By the way what is the Purpose of FONT file in panel view.