Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
asela115

OPC Server for IEC 60870-5-104

5 posts in this topic

Hello, Does any one knows a OPC server which support IEC 60870-5-104 standard. I have searched everywhere but I couldn't find a solution. I'm looking for a demo solution since I'm still at the initial phase of designing my SCADA system. Please advise Regards, Asela Edited by asela115

Not completely sure what you mean by "Supporting the IEC standard". What are you looking for and how do you want to use it? The reason I'm asking is that an OPC server is pretty straight-forward, you connect devices on one side and use computers on the other side. The OPC server is essentially configured and not programmed, hence I don't think they are "IEC compatible" in the way you are asking...

Hello, >Not completely sure what you mean by "Supporting the IEC standard". That is not what he wrote. He is aksing about an OPC server that supports the "IEC 60870-5-104" communications protocol. We have considered adding it but the lack of demand has prevented it.

Ahhhhh, now it all makes sense!

Hi All, thanks for the feedback. I could download one OPC server which appears that it will meet my requirement (i'm not sure if it's OK to publish product/brand names here) Anyway I'm still testing with it Thanks