Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
minetsky

FC 105 help

3 posts in this topic

Sirs and experts, Im a newbie on plc but i really want to learn it, that i end up doing this as a hobby. I have an analog in/out module and i want to learn the scaling function fc105. My question is should i apply the formula that is written on the documentation file that is on pdf format that says OUT= ( ((float (in) - K1)/(K2-K1)) x (HI_LIM - LO_LIM) ) + LO_LIM in the fc105 window? Or should i just put the parameter (IN,HI_LIM,LO_LIM,BIPOLAR,etc) in the interface menu on the top of the window? Is the formula already inside the block? Any comment and idea will be very helpful and appreciated!

I don't have my Siemens s/w in front of me.....if this is a canned FC from Siemens then you only pass the parameters (scaling min/max etc.) in the calling block...the FC does the scaling and returns the scaled variable in the 'OUT' variable specified when you called the FC. bob
1 person likes this

Thanks sir for your reply.. I think i figured it out! you're right its already canned. My problem before is i cant find it on the standard folders of different functions and symbols menu.. So i think you can do it by right click- insert new object-function on the blocks sub menu of s7 program which is wrong. Thats the confusion for me.. So after research you can find it in the standard library folder and call it multiple times... hehehe my bad.