Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Donovanr

Compactlogix L33/L36 5370 controllers

3 posts in this topic

Hello all, I am after any feedback from anyone who is using either the L33 or L36 Compactlogix controllers. Our next project will have a small/medium size ethernet ip network with approximately 20 nodes made up of Variable speed drives (Not Rockwell) , Point IO modules, PVPlus HMI, Festo CPX terminals and a managed switch. I'm interested to know what firmware versions you are using, how many nodes on your network and experiences/ gotchas? Thanks Edited by Donovanr

We have several L30/L33ER processors in service. They are connected to their respective HMIs and the controls VLAN in the company network. That's it, no I/O. Be aware that these controllers don't support the addition of a second network adapter, so you can only have one network connected at a time. If you need to control I/O or drives over Ethernet/IP, and you segregate your control network from your office network, you won't be able to connect this controller to the office network.

I have used the L33 ER with 4 racks point IO 2 HMI's and J1939 To Enet gateways programing is near indistiguishable from the earlier compact logix 35E processor. I use Logix 5K v.20 you must have v.20 or better to program the 5370 controllers. Depending on the process the L33 might be a little light for 20 nodes isn't close to the max limit (32) for Ethernet connections on a single application but these are midrange controlers something like 1.5 MB ram I think. The L36 ERM can go up to 64 connections and has more memory.