muotioj

SFC in Mitsu Q series

15 posts in this topic

Hello, Im new to mitsubishi programming. I would like to ask (i searched the web and manuals already) that when programming sfc's in structured project (say in gxworks 2) is there any way to control that given sfc, is there somekind of control interface. That would let me easily control auto/man, set step, etc.

There's no special control interface for SFC, only "what you see" in GW2. In my opinion, sadly, the SFC programming didn't work out too well in GW2 compared to GX IEC - but you should still use GW2 - GX IEC is no longer maintained.

I might not have been clear on what i want. I want that control interface in context of programming, not in context of debugging & startup.

Not sure if I understand what you want - you want to do programming in SFC correct? What is it that you're missing in GW2?

Are you looking for this: Right click on the SFC program and select "property". You will have to make your own function block / code block is you need this in a visual form in your program. Status information is available, for example, which blocks are active (LD BL0 etc) so you can make your own function block if required.

It sure looks like it. Is there good manual on how to use those bits (eg. what those bits really do). Also how can i force some step etc. ? Can i make multiple sfc's that run in same time. Lets say i have machine with different "stations" that are tied together and i want to make their own sfc for every "station". How can this be done? Manuals i have been finding are extremely hard to figure out. Even for one who finds siemens manuals easy to read... (or maybe just becouse of that i have accustomed to siemens way of thinking). Edited by muotioj

Mitsubishi manuals are not easy. Search for "SFC" on the mitsubishi web page under "controllers" and "manuals" https://my.mitsubishi-automation.com/downloads/view/doc_loc/7268/130023.pdf?id=7268&saveAs=0&form_submit=View+now Everything you have asked for can be done. If you make a start and have specific questions we should be able to help. For example: How can I force some steps? One answer is to set the block and step number: ----------------[sET BL0\S12] How can multiple SFCs run at the same time? SFC can be called or started in many ways: From other SFCs with a "Block start step (with or without End check)" From Ladder as in the example above By setting the control bits in the properties as shown in the previous post. The main thing is to be consistent in your methods and to start simple. Use the simulator if in doubt.

I have been doing some light reading on that manual you linked ty very much. But it got me even more mixed. Is it so that i can have only one sfc program "in flight" at any given time, or wtf is this thing with "stand by" programs and managin them? In siemens i can do as much sfc (graph7) block i want, and use them as i wish, is it not possible to do it in same way in mitsu?

I don't know if you can only have one sfc program or not. You can have multiple blocks (a sfc program) and call them as you need to. Mitsubishi SFC is not as sophisticated as some others, no entry and exit condition on steps for example. I haven't read the manual recently. I'll see if I have time to knock up a small commented sample program and post it here.

That would be much appreciated.

I've sent it via the message service. Let me know if it is of use then maybe I can post it here for others.

Great Veganic!! I must admit I haven't used SFC since GX IEC (just some small tests in GW2 without actually trying hard) and I would very much like to look at/know how it works in GW2. Post it when you guy's agree...

SFC hasn't really evolved at all on the Mitsubishi platform. The sample was just to show how to use multiple blocks in one program. One problem when doing a good sample program is the restriction on comments is in SFC (No comments only notes). I'd probably use SFC less if I could find an easy way to call a subroutine that didn't leave the outputs on when I exited. The sample is attached as a zip file, for some reason you cannot attach *.gxw files Sample_SFC.zip

It was helpful ty. So it seems that i need to make "main" sfc that sequences "sub" sfc execution so, that i cant have more than one "sub" sfc executing at the same scan? There is no way to call sfc from ladder? Can i use ST for step actions and transitions?

There is no way to call sfc from ladder? See the SFC properties above or use: --||------[sET BL0] or similar. Can i use ST for step actions and transitions? Structured text could be used for step actions but it would have to be wrapped up in a function block I think. Transitions - not really. You could have a function block in the step action and a bit set to effect the transition. ------------------------------------- Like I said, it's not the most sophisticated implementation of SFC. EDIT: I should have mentioned PSCANP and POFF which can be used to switch from one SFC program to another. Edited by Veganic