Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobLfoot

2094-EN02D-M01-50 amplifier GuardInternalFault Troubleshooting Ideas

6 posts in this topic

I have a 2094-EN02D-M01-50 amplifier which is part of an RSlogix Version 20 / Kinetix Motion System which is faulting intermittently. The LED on the Amplifier scrolls "Safe Fault 01 Internal Hardware 12 " while the RSLogix 5000 Software when you open properties of the Axis shows "Guard Fault ; Guard Internal Fault ; Immediate Stop" . A search of the Logix online Help got me to this gem of data “An Internal Fault has been detected by the Safety Core Hardware. This can includes safety processor faults, interprocessor communications faults, safety power supply faults and gate drive circuitry.” .. While that tells me what the problem might be I cannot find a guide or descriptions for how to troubleshoot this further. I am waiting for a call back from my RA Distributor Tech/Drives Guru, but also hoped someone here had an idea?

Bob, You might have already tried the following, but have you tried removing the axis module, control module and connector? Check the connectors for any build up (from the manufacturing process) We experienced an issue with the stability of the encoders .actual position.. End up replacing the axis module and control module to rule it out .. Problem solved. Edited by Donovanr

Hi BobHow did you get on with your RA contact?Check out KB article 518884 which points to a cabinet temperature reaching more than 40deg C.. Edited by Donovanr

Heard from RA and turns out units made before week 50 of 2012 have a 20% infant mortality for this type of issue. Something about the wrong tolerance parts being used, making the unit susceptible to heat. Anyway we're getting a warranty repalcement for this and several others we bought several racks over Christmas 2012 - Spring 2013.

Thanks Bob for the update, Gotta love well tested equipment... You would think this type of test is standard on all electrical equipment. Oh well looks like you will be busy swapping out servo drives in your companys own time. Edited by Donovanr

Thought I'd post a follow up. BAD NEWS -- Of the 30 plus drives we installed over Christmas, Easter and 4th of July SHutdowns it turns out 6 or 7 are subject to recall and need replacement. GOOD NEWS -- Local RA Distributor is handling the paperwork and all we're out is out labor time and lost production time. -- I guess thats good news could have been worse and we'd ahve ahd to buy replacement parts.