Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IO_Rack

SLC 5/01 Communication

2 posts in this topic

I recently had some issues connecting to an SLC 5/01 for a simple upload operation. This was a very typical and familiar procedure using RSLinx Ver. 2.59 and a 1747-UIC directly connected to the 5/01. Upon browsing in RSLinx, the DH485 LED was blinking on the UIC as well as the USB LED. The Driver Diagnostics showed no unmatched packets. Everything looked great except there was no icon for the 5/01. After playing around a bit, I selected the UIC driver Properties, clicked on the Advanced Browse Settings, checked the Force network type to: check box, then selected DF1 (master or slave). Afterwards, I was able to see the icon and upload normally. I am almost positive I did not have to change the Advanced Browse Settings in the past for a 5/01. At this point and I don't have another 5/01 to test. I have tested my UIC on a 5/03 and the additional setting was not necessary. Why was this setting necessary? To the best of my knowledge, the 5/01 is not capable of anything other than DH485. Maybe a better question is, what would the Advanced Browse Settings on the UIC driver even be used for?

From RSLINX help. Edited by Mickey