Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lizard

encoder problem

6 posts in this topic

Hi all purchased a couple of encoders from china to get into swing of using the fx plc From my investigations i found the encoders are incremential type .they have g40b-6-400-2-24 marked on them so i believe the g40b refers to the encoders diameter as it is 40mm ,the 6 to the shaft dia as it is 6mm, 400 i think is pprev the 2 for 2 channle & 24 indicating 24 volt dc there are 5 wires which i have managed to identify as red = vcc black = 0v yellow = a green = b & there is a bare copper wire which is the shield. so far so good i thought it would be just a matter of connecting it up to the fx & turning the shaft & monitoring on gx developer. so i decided to use hsc 255 & connect red black to 24v supply on plc A channle to input x3 B channle to input x4 connecting a switch to x5 rest & x7 start did a bit of code using a n/o m8000 to drive hsc c255 with k 999 thinking that when online by turning shaft & turning on x7 i would see value of c255 alter accordingly wrong had to be as it was to simple so could someone please point me to my error?

Only "FX-48MR"???? Not like FX1N/FX2N/FX3U or similar??

Are you sure this is a quadrature encoder? From your description, this is not 5-wire, but 4-wire encoder, unless the shield is used as 0V conductor. For 4-wire, it may be single channel with reset. What do you observe on X3 and X4 LEDs when rotating the encoder very slowly? Edited by Sergei Troizky
1 person likes this

the markings of wires leads me to belive its a two channle encoder vcc 0v A B SHIELD MARKED F.G. Edited by lizard