Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Conor

PanelView Plus 1000

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I have a PanelView Plus 1000 that I am using to Flash up important alarms from various PLC's. I was wondering if there is a way to set up a Username and password way of acknowledging the alarms. Currently I have a just a button that acknowledges the alarms. The PanelView is in a common area and there have been a number of instances where an alarm has been silienced and the operator for that area was not informed of the alarm. I would be most grateful of any help, Thanks, Conor

There are several ways to do this, depending on your needs and wants. 1. Replace the button with an input enable, and when the user enters the correct number (compare statement in PLC), perform the action. 2. Set up user security on the PV+ and control the visibility of the acknowledge button with the User Level. 3. Use use security hosted on the PLC, but the principle is the same as option 2. This is what I do. I've started trying to make my HMI's more user-friendly by placing two versions of a button wherever I want a security protected button. They look identical, but only one is ever visible, based on the security level of the logged in user. The actual button is visible if the security is high enough. Otherwise, the button takes you to the security login screen with the message "Higher Security Needed". Saves room on the screen (no Login button), and saves time (no searching for the Login button).

My best guess is that you would want to remove any acknowledgement buttons form the displays. Create a pushbutton that has visibility based upon correct login level. This could be used to do "Remote Acknowledgement" of alarms via the Alarm Setup. I'm not sure that you access this tag directly or you might have to bring this tag into the PLC and with additional conditional logic, trigger the another tag to be referenced in the "Remote Acknowledgement" field.

Hi guys, Thanks for yuor replies, I will look at both when I have the Usernames set up first. I have the pdf of the following manual, 2711P-UM001J-EN-P. There is not much in this about Username's and passwords. Is there another manual? Thanks again, Conor

Don't know about a manual, I've never used one. To set up security on the PV+, choose "Security" in the project tree. You can add users from there and define which "levels" apply to each user using the check marks. The on the object that you want to control, right-click and choose animation, visibility. Syntax would be "CurrentUserHasCode(A)" (it's under Expressions, Functions, Security) where the letter A can be replaced with any of the level letters.

Thanks very much Jeremy, That would have taken me an awful long time to figure that you. Thanks again, Conor

Publication VIEwME-UM004F-EN-E (I dont know what part number as I rename my downloaded manuals)you should be able to find it by keyword on AB.com this manual has a pretty in depth chapter on setting up security

Thanks HKU_MS. I will have a search for that now

I was just wondering. Will I be able to see who logged in to reset whatever alarm? I am able to download a list of the alarms from the PanelView using a memory stick that has an Allen Bradley bat file. Will the username be displayed on this file? Conor Edit: I have just set up users in the PV security and then downloaded the alarms. It does not show up in the history file. I am using the RSView Enterprise File Viewer.exe to look at the alarm list. I think that I will have to use the PLC verification that JRoss taked about. We only have a 3 digit employee number here so that might be easy enough to set up Edited by Conor