Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Korhan Kaya

Omron ZEN Diagnostics tool

7 posts in this topic

Hello Everybody, I am developing a diagnostic / protocol test tool for Omron Zen series , I currently have ZEN_Communitcation_Protocol.pdf as documentation. It is quite helpfull but document still lack data about some valuable info such as Code per instruction type and its field details on SV Write command and as well as in other commands too. Document also refferers to non extisting topics such as "See “Object Code & Ladder Processing Specifications” for the specified format of each instruction type." I also tried to find the Keigo Kimura (which seems to be the writer of the document :) on the net but it was not possible. if anyone wants to have a peek at the very early version , here it is omrontest.zip I would be very grateful if anyone supplies information or any documentation on Omron Zen Protocol. Best Regards, Korhan Kaya Edited by Korhan Kaya

cool i have played around with one but never really had a use for it. :)

Seems like the link is broken so here is updated link : http://2ka.org/data/solaros/omrontest.zip

i tried to locate the PDF document you mention about the ZEN protocol. Would you mind give a link for downloading? thanks

Here is the documents : Zip file contains followinf files : Programming Reference > Omron [178]W342_E1_07.pdf Protocol Interface Reference > ZEN_Comm_Protocol.pdf Protocol Dump > zen.txt http://2ka.org/data/zen/zen_project_documents.zip

Thanks Korhan, If I have free time, I will try to code a VB module for ZEN series. Thank you again

Hello, We're also busy with communication between a VB program and a ZEN. Did you worked with it also and did you have some results ? If you have a program wil you post it ? thanks, Jeen