Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BJR

Mitsubishi E1101 Recipe

17 posts in this topic

I've read through all the manuals and help I can get my hands on and am just not getting the last few details of this. It may be because I am just trying to follow someone else's work and not starting from the beginning and making my own recipies. I have two machines that use recipies. One of them I connected to with HMI Tools FTP Client and was able to transfer the recipies to my laptop in .skv format no problem. I'm done with that one. The other machine that uses recipies looks to be setup the same and when I attach with HMI Tools there is nothing showing up in the terminal! So this has brought up a desire to further understand the recipies and understand how they were made. I have a few questions that I cannot answer that may point me to how these were defined and stored but all I really want is to back up the second machine's recipes. So, with this second machine there are 21 items in a recipe (D1200-D1220) First 20 are INT the last address is defined as a STRING and is the recipe name. In the HMI file, there is nothing setup in the Recipe Properties - No Recipe Control Block, No Current recipe register, Directories are not enabled. I considered that the recipies were just being managed inside of the PLC and cannot find any evidence of this. The HMI definately has two buttons setup with the "Other Function" radio button and one is Save Recipe, the other Load Recipe. If the recipe is not being managed in the PLC, where is it defined the recipe is D1200-D1220 and why aren't the files showing up in HMI Tools? I have looked everywhere I can in the HMI file and the PLC file and am lost as to how this was defined and is saving these recipes - yes they do work and have been in production for probably a decade. Also, there are no memory cards being used in the HMI or PLC. I would think the Load/Save buttons would have to be selected with "Saves recipe from memory card" anyway but just trying to think of everything I can. Edited by BJR

Wow, a lot of reading..... The E1000 panel has a built-in recipe function and it sounds like this is what is used for your second system. However, you should be able to find the recipes using HMI tools. Do you have a screenshot maybe?

After production goes home I could get a screen shot of both machines with HMI tools hooked up. Maybe someone can catch something I did not see. Thanks for the response.

When I hook up FTP Client to the first machine this is what I see. There are so many recipies that I took one shot then scrolled down to the bottom of the list on the left and took another shot to show how many different folders are in the Terminal.

When I hook up to the second machine this is what I get (nothing). I am sure that I am hooked up because the bottom left corner of the screen reports OK. I know that if I disconnect the Ethernet cable or change static IP address on the computer and click CONNECT I get an Error message at the bottom left corner of the screen. So then, once I am attached I see nothing. And both of my machines seem to work exactly the same in regards to recipe control. I tried to describe how the recipe settings were and how the SAVE and LOAD buttons were setup in my other post above but I will be happy to provide any other screen shots that anyone wants to try and help me through this. Edited by BJR

I once had an E900 that was set up for FTP transfer, but for some reason, over the course of time, it lost the setting and refused to communicate. You set it up for FTP under SETUP / NETWORK / SERVICES and make sure that the FTP server box is checked. On the older E900s you could hit a combination of keys and check that it was still set up, but not sure about the newer ones. Probably can be done through the dip switches.

Something like this could be causing me trouble. Learning this for the first time, I tried the other software for serial connections and never got in. I tried the FTP a couple of times with no success then found another laptop we had laying around and it worked with the FTP. The comm settings on it were already setup from a previous user that worked on these machines: FTP Connection setup (setup windown under connections) Name AD6 URL/IP Address 192.168.1.1 user name anonymous password guest proxy(no cern) (left blank) type binary Passive FTP Syntax is check marked filed separator selected as semicolon he seems to have saved several comm setups but they only seem to differ by the name and the ip address. All other settings are the same and actually don't see a setup for this particular machine I'm trying to connect to that I can tell. 1) is the passive FTP what you are referring to? I will still look around and see if there are other settings I can try in case it is not. 2) is the user name and password required or could they be blank? Is this something that is setup inside the HMI or in the offline file for the project or is it a default user name/password? There are 4 dip switches on the E1101's and read about their functions. Didn't sound like any help at the time but could be worth investigating. A few of the settings would prepare it for firmware transfer or wipe out all of the memory so I have to be careful! Will try a few things to see if it helps. Edited by BJR

What firmware version are you running on the panel(s)? Maybe this can affect the operation?

1. Can you upload a new recipe file or any file at all? 2. Can you add buttons to save the recipes to a memory stick?

1. write down all the recipes and data before you start.

That part would not be a problem but setting up a new recipie to take the place of the old one would be a problem for me. Where is it defined that when a recipe is loaded that it fills in D1200-D1220? And what else might I miss or mess up? I'll keep working on all the other ideas for now. So are you also suggesting that somehow I cannot interface to the recipies that are in there and I would start over by making new recipies to upload so they are visible by the FTP software again?

HMI Tools FTP client talks to the FTP server on the E1101 The FTP server on the E1101 is set up in SETUP / NETWORK / SERVICES in E-Designer. Do you have E-Designer software and can you open the E1101 files on your laptop? Do you have the E-Designer HMI file for that particular E1101? It will be called a *.MPA file (or maybe a *.mpa.zip file) Do you know what the IP address is of the particular E1101 All this will become clear by opening the E1101 MPA file in E-Designer. If you can't open the file, would you like to zip it and post it so that we can tell you what the score is? Question, questions .......

Oh. That part was not clear to me. I see the problem between the two machines now. The second machine is not setup to use FTP. So if I just set it up like the other machine I can attach to download the recipies. And while I was in the file for the first machine I now see the definition for the user name and password. It is in a popup window that I saw before but didn't realize there were other options I could edit beyond placing a check mark to use each feature or not use it. I don't need to know, but if I could now just find the setup of where the recipie is defined as D1200-D1220 I'd have full understanding. Sorry if I wasn't clear but I didn't understand what I don't know. I had no idea a FTP network had to be setup. I thought the HMI Tools was just another simple connection reserved for recipies. That must be in another more detailed manual for HMI Tools that I haven't found yet. I'm pretty sure I can do this now. Thanks everyone!

In E-Designer, if you go SETUP / RECIPE then it opens a box that will show you some information. Press F1 at this point and the first Recipe help screen will appear. At the bottom of the help screen, click the right arrow to carry on reading through the help screens. Afraid I've never used recipes, so I won't be that much use to you, but Function keys or touch keys on the screen can have Recipe functions such as LOAD, SAVE, DELETE applied to them. Good Luck

Thank you. But I've already read all of that and understand it. The project does not have anything filled in when you open SETUP/RECIPE so it's a bit of a mystery where else you could setup the recipe. I understand now why I could not get to the recipies with HMI Tools but I also don't see where they are setup in the first place.

What is the setup regarding the machines? Do you have two PLCs, each with an HMI that controls it, or is there one PLC with two HMIs that control the one PLC. How do the HMIs talk to the PLC(s). I once had a system that had one "non ethernet" PLC that needed two identical screens to talk to it. The "Master" HMI talked to the PLC through the RS485 PLC port and was set up as a BDTP Server, and the 2nd HMI talked to the first as a BDTP client using the ethernet ports on the HMIs. This meant that the BDTP (Beijers Data Transfer Protocol) Client (HMI2) asked the BDTP Server (HMI1) for the data, and it pulled the information out of the RS485 PLC port and sent it over. If you have a similar system, then only one screen would need to be set up with the recipe function ...... just wondering?