Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pavan

Fx_3u plc communication

18 posts in this topic

Hi All.............., I have FX-3U PLC. I want communicate with PLC(ie..read the data from particular register and write the data to particular register) by using of com port communication in vb.I am fresher in vb please can any one help me..................

Check out MX Components from Mitsubishi. API for doing computer programming with the Mitsu drivers included.

Thanks for response......can help me how to check Mx-Component in Mitsubishi..........

You have to purchase the software/API package

Guru...... How we access mx-componet in vb(visual basics programming) in order to display the particular register value in vb forms........

Never done it in VB (are you using VB5, VB6, VB.NET??), but it's pretty straight forward. You install MX Components, then you call a class containing the driver for your PLC. After you've called the class, use the properties in the class to read/write data to the PLC. I've uploaded the manual since it doesn't exist in the Mitsubishi Automation Europe site. Download here: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=1000

Did You do it in C++ or C#? Looked on ther site, that the latest OS they support is Windows 2000, is that true? http://www.mitsubishi-automation.co.uk/products/software_mx_components_content.htm?distributor=0#top regards, Waldemar

C#. It's an ActiveX so you'll have to register it (google is your friend ) on your system...

MX Component certainly supports newer OS than Windows 2000. According to the www.meau.com software list, it supports up through Windows 7 64-bit in current version.

Guru..... Can we access data from PLC with out MX-Component software....?Actually I used GX-Works 2 Software for PLC programming But What my exact need is i want get data from PLC(ie particular register data) by using of VB6 programming..............

Sure you can do that, but you'll have to program the FX communication protocol and that's NOT easy compared to using MX Components! The whole point of using MX Components is lesser code to program for you. In all cases you will first need a driver, which can either be MX Components (or 3. party OPC/Client solution like Kepware ClientAce+++) or you can program it yourself. If you program it yourself you will need the communication protocol specification which is not publicily available so in your case you will need to connect a sniffer on a serial/ethernet line, then decode all the data, then rebuild your own telegrams. This is just the first part. Second you will have to make the program that uses the driver (which you have programmed yourself, or MX Components/ClientAce etc). So all in all: MX Components (or e.g. KepwareClientAce) will just help you to make it both cheaper and easier for you. And my name is "kaare_t"

hi to all supports........; i have the mx- component software .... how to use mx component in vb.net programming . in order to read and write data from\ to plc................ Thanks nd regards.......

Please don't double post: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=24795 Where exactly are you stuck in vb?? The documentation is farily ok. Please provide a little more information...

hi guys ..... wat exactly am asking s .....can u snd me simple code ......... get the values from plc ... in vb.net ...by using the usb serial port mx component package.......... Thanks and regards......

Well, if you look at the manual, chapter 5 (title: "Sample Programs") and also "Appendices -> Appendix 2 (Program Example for Checking the Word Device Status) you will get the esence of it. Please try a little for yourself first, then post back more specific questions.... When you say you want a sample code without being specific, what do you expect? That we do the programming for you? The examples in the manual are even for VB6.0 so you should be good to go with the manual... If you're stuck with a specific method or property, post what you are struggling with.

Thankqqqqq...... u have a given a good reply .....my problem s how the mx component s used to serial port communication communicated with plc in vb.net ....can u plz guide me .... Thanks & regards......

Don't double post. I will respond in the thread below: http://forums.mrplc....=0