Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
digispark

CS1H Modbus-RTU Via RS232

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm trying to communicate to a RTU device using RS232 connected to the Host Link RS232 port on the PLC. The RTU is set as Master and Omron as Slave device. I've followed the following document for CS1 Modbus slave setup: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=512 Only thing I have changed is the Modbus node number and baud rate. Node I'm using is node 1 and 19200 baud rate. Can't seem to get comms between the devices. Nor that I am getting any errors in the subroutine calls. I'm a bit out of clue where to start investigating. Could it be that I have two sections in my cyclic 01 task, one for copying data and heartbeat signal to be sent through, the other one is the subroutine from the example above. Or could it be the cable that I'm using, I have not checked the pinout of the RS232 cable that was custom made to length. Wondering if anyone got any clue what to do?

There are also Data Memory files included that you must load for the CRC calculation. PLease load these files also. CS1SLV.mem BobB, you might have to help. You uploaded it.

Yeah I did load up the memory data file incuded for CRC calculation. There is no CRC error, but no 'correct CRC' either.

It was given to me by someone else - he used it but I have not - never had to set up a Modbus slave yet. Sorry.