Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
devo.xx

Auto-assign, Latch, and Specify exact address?

3 posts in this topic

I am having some difficulty coming up with a good solution to my problem... What I have is a series of SDTs that hold all of my equipment information: Pump Timers, Pressure SetPoints, etc. In order for me to access them on my E-Terminal, I need to know exactly what D-device each variable is stored in. In order to do this, I created my Variables as VAR_GLOBAL, then populated down in the Device(Detail Setting). The problem I'm having is that I cannot set my LATCH(1) range across "Device/Label Automatic Assign" unless they are created as VAR_RETAIN. But I can only set VAR_RETAIN as Local Labels, which won't let me specify the D-device, and thus I cannot use them in my HMI. My question boils down to this: I need to Latch my Setpoints so when the PLC goes cold, it doesn't reset everything. I need to access my D-devices on my HMI. I need to keep using my SDTs and "Device/Labels" to make variable tracking and code debugging easier on my maintenance staff. Is there any GOOD way of doing this?

Since you are specifying addresses for each object, you don't need VAR_RETAIN. Simply assign one of the addresses which is latched by the battery.