Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fojek

Open file created in newer version

9 posts in this topic

Hello all, First I would like to say that even if I just registered minutes ago, I've been using the forums of MrPLc several times in the past years: Many thanks! Now the question. I've started a program in cx-p v 8.01 (Educational license, unable to upgrade). For some reasons I had to continue it on a newer version (9.2), which I don't have access to anymore. The program is now completed and, surprise!, Cx-p 8.01 doesn't recognises v9.2 files. I looked for a some ways to save as a lower version, searched the web and finaly decided to post here. Anyone having an idea how to convert v9.2 files to v8.01 ? Regards Fojek

The only way that I can think of is to download your program into a PLC then upload it from the PLC with the older version of CXP.

I am very surprised (not to say sceptical) too. Did you try to save as text file instead?

Please post the file here. We will see what we can do with it. Don't bother attaching the .opt file.

See attached. Regards, Fojek COVE.cxp

What pfort meant was, save it as a CX Programmer Text file (.cxt). You will not be able to do that since you cannot open it to begin with. Try opening this one: COVE.zip When opening it, be sure to choose cxt file type.

At first I got this error message: http://www.hiboox.fr/go/images/informatique/oops,6c9aec9f61caf14b9586067ece95df53.jpg.html Then I managed to open it ... But I'm not sure I'm allowed to write the solution here? IO_Rack, can I ask you how you saved the file? Thanks!! Fojek

I saved the file in the same manner as I opened it in the above picture. In the 'Files of Type' drop down box, I chose 'CX Programmer Text Files (*.cxt)'. I've never used the Educational Edition and I'm afraid I don't know how to fix it or covert it. I'm sure someone here will help with that. Since you did manage to open it, maybe you should try to copy the ladder code, then paste it into a new project. It's worth a shot.

In fact what I did is I modified the .cxt file to make Cx-Programmer believe the program was created with the educational edition, and now the file is opening normally. Do you think I can put the solution on this forum? Thank you all for your fast replies that have been very helpful! Regards, Fojek