Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rayzz

Restart button on HMI

4 posts in this topic

Hi all! i have a omron ns15-tx01b-v2 and i wish to do a restart button on the screen. is there a way or a bit that i can turn on so that i can restart then HMI without turning off the power? thanks for the help!!!

Not that I know of, the only way that the NS can be restarted is via the Reset button on the back, or by cycling the power. I don't even think accessing the system menu & returning again classifies as a restart... 2 Questions: 1. Why do you want to do a restart..? 2. If you have to do a restart, why?

I am not sure if it's the same issue but I have had to cycle power on the HMI when there is a problem transferring the program to or from the HMI. Sometimes the transfer times out or in some cases the network connection drops then the HMI is stuck in the 'transferring' screen. The only way I have found to recover is to cycle power to the HMI. Also for some reason my wireless connection on my laptop interferes with the HMI ethernet connection. It looks like it gets confused as to which network connection to use for transferring. If I forget to disable my wireless adapter and I begin a transfer then CX-Designer is stuck in the 'transferring' dialog box. In this case the only way I can communicate with the HMI (to do another transfer) using CX-Designer is to cycle power to the HMI.

i have to do a restart because after i login as admin(level 5 user), use system menu to change my password. after that i'm unable to logout(using the function authentication cancellation) and switch to other level user. only after i do a power cycle. then i'm able to login with my new password or other level user. currently i'm using password with level function. Edited by rayzz