Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Omronplc

Omron cx programing

31 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, Not sure what happen to the last posts but seem like I got a lot of help and then everyone stop communication with me. Again, I would like to introduce myself I am a newbie's to this ormron cx programing software and would like to see if someone can help shine some light. I am a very fast learner and just recently got hired on to a factory that all their equipments are Omron PLC some old like this CQM1 lot No. 14Y6 I have been trying to communicate with this Plc through a CX programmer 5.0 Ver. And it has not been successful. I use both the Omron cif02 cable and home made 9pins DB, put dip 5 on also dip 4 is on for expansion. The only cable type listed for this software are: CS1 Toolbus Sysmac way C,CV Toolbus I am just trying to transfer a program that is in this CQM1 into another CQM1 but having a very hard time getting these two to handshake, if anyone can help please response.

Are you using a usb to rs232 convertor as well ? i found it a struggle the other day to get onto a CQM plc using a cif 01 and the usb convertor.... found that i had to plug the usb convertor in first then connect the cif 01 to the plc... you might struggle to get responses at the moment also due to the chrissy / new year time...

First, let's go back here. If you got this far then communication is not your issue. More than likely, your ladder program was uploaded successfully. Check the navigation tree under Programs and see if you have ladder code. Also, at this point, you can perform a compare. On the menu bar, click PLC > Transfer > Compare with PLC... Check only the Programs. (I'm not sure exactly what those options are at the moment as I have no PLC to go online with.) Make sure everything else us unchecked. If your compare is Successful then you have uploaded the ladder program. What may or may not match at this time is the Expansion Instructions and the Settings. Perform another Transfer From PLC... and check only Expansion Instructions and Settings. (Again, I don't have one right now so I can read the exact terms used.) You can also do a compare for the Expansion Instructions. For the Settings, double click Settings from the navigation tree. From the Options menu, you can Transfer and Verify (compare). The ultimate way to capture all the data is to upload all the DM memory. Once you understand the above, post back and we'll help you with that as well.

Although I was able to connecting and upload program from the Plc, even with the Dip 4 On I still get error failed to upload the expansion functions? Any idea why. Again, I'm dealing with CQM1 lot No. 14Y6

Did you do this and still get the error?

Yes, I still get the error

Have you tried to load the expansion instructions manually? Geir

How do I go about doing that. Again, I am very knowledge in Allen Bradley brand but not so much of Omron. Please direct me how! I like to get this program upload correctly. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated too.

My program did get uploaded but has a lot of "?????" and "NOP" doesn't look like a normal ladder logic that you would see. Not sure what happen. I have read almost entire 158 pages of the operational manual but doesn't get much out of what I need to do. So anyone on here have seen this type of problems please help. Edited by Omronplc

I try to upload and get this "Modem port has been selected. Do you wish to continue?"

I did exactly what you have click PLC >Transfer>Compare program w/ PLC and Check only the Program. I get the message" Unable to compare program (s) Error found during compilation". I do have a error/alarm lite that is on solid, so it's a fatal error. I looked it up and it's codes: 0x00FA memory error, second one is IO unit Over Error, third one is No End (01) instruction and the fourth one is: Fatal SFC Error. This program was working great until now. Any idea how to fix this or what I might able to do to correct these problems. Thank you

Do you know if the Com1 light on the PLC suppose to come on or not? I have seen the others Omron PLC normally if its communicating it will have a amber light at the Com. Port flashing letting you know it's communicating.

I get that message on my notebook all the time. Just select "yes" and continue. My notebook has a modem on COM3 so I get that message whenever I use COM1 or COM2 with CX Programmer.

Thank you for the replied but do you know if the orange light on the PLC suppose to come on and flashes? According to the operational manual I suppose to have this light come on and flashes if both the PLC and PC are communicating. I also did exactly what you said about the error problems I have after uploading by click PLC >Transfer>Compare program w/ PLC and Check only the Program. I get the message" Unable to compare program (s) Error found during compilation". I do have a error/alarm lite that is on solid, so it's a fatal error. I looked it up and it's codes: 0x00FA memory error, second one is IO unit Over Error, third one is No End (01) instruction and the fourth one is: Fatal SFC Error. This program was working great until now. Any idea how to fix this or what I might able to do to correct these problems. Thank you Edited by Omronplc

It's been a long time since I saw a CQM1, but I believe that they had a COMM light. All of the current models do. That list of errors sounds somewhat fatal to me. I suspect that the poor old CQM1 has died of old age.

Thank you, I was hopping that's not the problem. But why would I still able to upload if its bad PLC? If the original software was CX-one could I still use CX programmer to upload or do I have to use CX one to do upload. Is there any differences in CX one and CX programmer? Sorry stupid questions just want to clearify my thoughts

First you have to look at the old program and find out which expansion instructions are being used, then you doubleclick the "Expansion Instructions" item in the project tree in the left CX window (if you have the same setup as me :) ) You should then get a popup with two windows, the left is available instructions, the right is assigned instructions. You must then replace one or more of the assigned instructions if your program needs anything that is not assigned already. When the list on the right is complete according to your program, you can transfer it to the PLC in the usual manner. Unassigned Expansion instructions in the program will appear in red, and the rung will also have the red line to the left. OK Expansion instructions will have the name in black with the "assigned slot number" in parenthesis. In the few cases I have encountered programs with a lot of "rubbish" transfered from the PLC, I have not yet been able to fix that, and counted on the backup copy instead of wasting time trying :) Example of program using expansion instructions (SCL3): Geir

NOP is "No Operation". This is written to the memory addresses when the memory is cleared. Very similar to when you connect to an SLC and see the processor name "DEFAULT". At this point you should not concern yourself with the "?????" or the expansion instructions. You have lost your program. Can you get a backup? If not then I would replace the battery and download a test program to verify the processor. After that, you'll have to rewrite the program.

CX Programmer is the PLC programming software. CX One is the suite that contains CX Programmer, CX Designer (touch screens), CX Motion (motor controls), CX Protocol (communications), etc... Your older version of CX Programmer should be just fine for the older PLC you are working with. I remember upgrading LSS to use with the 'new' CQM1's. Edited by IO_Rack

Thank you everyone for helping me out on this. I was afraid of that, the previous person left without unknown back up. I still have others CQM1 in operational with the same machine. Is the upload transfer process be the same?

How much is the LSS upgrade? Is this upgrade only good for CQM1 or all Omron PLCs Edited by Omronplc

My apologies for the pun. What I meant was, Your CX Programmer, regardless of version should be OK for the CQM1. LSS is very old Omron DOS software. This was the original programming software for the CQM1. Perform an upload from one of the good PLC's using CX Programmer.

Thank you, I have left the factory will try to upload from another machine tomorrow. My main goal was to have these program at least store as back up just in case something would happen like this CQM1. Thank you again

I was finally able to upload another program form another machine, I went to transfer it into the Plc and get error problem during compiling? What this mean? If the program that I have uploaded and save had rung problem would it cause this compiling error?

Stepping back a bit, were you able to successfully upload the Expansion Instructions? If it is trying to compile an instruction that is not currently mapped into your project then yes, this will cause a compilation error. This is one possibility. Can you post the program you have uploaded? Or at least tell us the error you are getting?