Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SwierK

ControlLogix explicit message to Sato CL412E

6 posts in this topic

Hello, Any body have experience with sending ASCII strings to A Sato CL412e printer over Ethernet, i was successful with sending the ASCII string from the web portal on the printer but now i need to setup the MSG from the CLX processor, I am unsure of the settings for the MSG (service code, class, instance, attribute) and Sato has been of little help other than providing a 200 page document on how to build the string the following is the string that i was sending to the printer from the web portal %1BA %1BE100%1BH0412%1BV0090%1BL0150%1BXL1 Lot#%0D %0D %1BE010%1BH0412%1BV0150%1BL0150%1BXM Exp.Date%0D Cal.Code%0D %1BQ1%1BZ any help would be great. Regards, Kevin Swier

These links may help: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=30965 http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pm/1756-pm013_-en-p.pdf It looks like you might need the 1756-EWEB to do ASCII over ethernet.

I have really good luck using an Anybus Communicator. Which is an Ethernet/IP device...so NO MSG instructions...thank god...so it's not Ethernet TCP/IP..... Using an Anybus device, I can send strings to ANY serial device. There are a few things you need to do but for the most part it's pretty easy. Being Ethernet/IP, you would use a STRINGS, so each string has to be less than 82 Characters long or you have to make an array and send them back to back. The maximum packet is 496 bytes from the anybus communicator. So long as you don't have to sent strings longer than that.

Thanks for the response the printer is a TCP/IP printer but I am DUMB when it coms to Ethernet comms (Ethernet/IP, TCP/IP) so i may need some more in depth help on this, i have a 1756-EN2T, I have setup comms to other devices before but only when those devices came with setup instructions for ControlLogix, HELP!!! Regards,

1756-EN2T is an Ethernet/IP card. It's not going to talk to that printer directly. Unless the printer has an Ethernet/IP EDS file and memory mapping structure..... probably not..... You should probably just post maybe what your "application" is, and then we could give solutions to some suggestions for you. What kind of a printer is it?

Thanks all for the help, i found the solution with a Prosoft card MVI56-GEC, after setting up the GEC module and getting Sato to help with setting up the correct ASCII string (apparently the string you send from there built in web portal will not the work with hyper terminal) everything is printing great now. Thank again,