Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pavan

plc accessing

11 posts in this topic

Hi to Everyone, I have 2 plc's and i am trying to accessing those plc's with Ipaddress but it has same Ipaddress ie 192.168.1.250 so how i differentiate those plc's. Can any one help me please....................

You MUST have different IP addresses

can You help me how to give Ipaddress for PLC. Actually i am trying to Change Ipaddress for particular PLC through GTWORKS2 Software but defaultly 2 plc's accessed by same ipaddress(ie 192.168.1.250) so i Am confused which plc i am accessing either first PLC or second PLC.

You must disconnect one of the two PLC's, then set a new address to the PLC that is still connected. Alternatively you can transfer the parameters using serial/usb.

I hope you mean GX Works2, not GT Works2. You can't edit the PLC parameters in the HMI software. Two devices on the same Ethernet network CANNOT have the same IP address. Since you didn't say which PLC type, we can't even tell you where to look for the settings.

I am using two plc's and two Ethernet adapters. PLC type- FX-3U PLC and Ethernet Adapter- FX3U-ENET-ADP.In this when i trying to change the ip address for Ethernet adapters in GX-Works 2 software it does not change the ip address it gives same ip address for both Ethernet adapters .So please help me how to differentiate two Ethernet adapters with different ip addresses.

1. Disconnect one of the Eth cards. 2. Change the IP of the connected Eth card 3. Connect the disconnected Eth card Now you'll have two different IP addresses

Don't forget once you set the IP address in the software to DOWNLOAD the parameters to the CPU. Then reset the PLC and the new IP address should take over.

Yes Same process i had but ip address does not changed it shows same ip address.....................

I am trying to change the ipaddress for PLC by using of as mention in document .In this which module(module number) i have to select .... FX Configurator-EN - Operation Manual JY997D20501-D (10.09).pdf

The module number indicates where the special modules are located. Starts at 0 and increases by 1 for each special module you have connected. If unsure, post the complete setup...