Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fenix

Ethernet modul for A2AS CPU

18 posts in this topic

Hi. What type of ethernet modul i have to use for communication with A2AS CPU via ethernet. There is two types of moduls for A-series CPU. A1SJ71E71 and A1SJ71QE71. I tried A1SJ71E71, but in the transfer setup i got info message (see attechment) that i have to use QJ71E71 modul. Communicatoin with this modul does not work. Does it means that i have to use A1SJ71QE71 modul? This moduls are not cheap, so i want to be sure. With A1SH CPU ...71E71 eth. modul is working properly. I thought that 71QE71 is only for Q2AS CPU. Edited by Fenix

The A1SJ71E71 should work with an A2AS cpu. However, the ethernet support in GX developer on certain AnA cpu's didn't work that well. It's been a while since i last used this cpu but i seem to remember that in order to get this working, you had to set the cpu as A3U or something. I could check on monday if you're interested. edit: been thinking about this, i remember using the A3U trick for monitoring/online changes on a A2AS-S60 (and probably A2AS-S30) with a A1SJ71E71 in GX Developer. Need to check to be sure though. Edited by Mitsu

I would be very grateful if you give me some advice. I'm using GX IEC Developer. Do you think it's possible to change PLCto any other type and download project to A2AS CPU?

Sorry, i was under the impression that you were using GX Developer (allthough both packages probably share the same communication setup judging by your screenshot which made me think it was GX Developer). All i can say at this point is that when i had an A2AS-S30/S60 and needed to monitor my cpu with A1SJ71E71 in GX Developer, i had to transform my project to A3U in order to get the communication working. I can't remember why i had to do this but i can propably check on monday. Iirc, there was a problem with communicating to AnA and A1SJ71E71 through the ethernet board. Btw. we used this solution for monitoring and doing online changes through ethernet via vpn/modem because Medoc didn't support online change over ethernet. I haven't used GX IEC much so i can't help you on that. Edited by Mitsu

I tried to do the same with GX Developer and result is the same. I've got the same message as i post before. Both softs have the same transfer setup. But the same result is, when i change PLC to A3U. I can try it on monday, when i will be at work. Anyway, thank you for trying to help.

I will have a look at it on monday too. I can definately monitor on A2AS-S30/GX dev with AJS71E71 (never used the QJ71E71) and i seem to remember there's something you need to do. It's been a while though since i last used an A-serie cpu so i will hopefully be able to refresh my memory then.

Same problem here, suspect there's a bug.... I've had the same problems as Mitsu regarding the AnA, but never encountered this on the specified CPU before....

Just had a quick look. Seems, as kaare_t said, to be a bug in the transfer setup tied to that particular model of cpu. Do you need the ethernet card for scada only or do you need it for remote access to your cpu? In the first case, you could transfer your program using the port on the cpu and use the ehternet card for your scada.

Just did a quick test: if you connect to an A2AS-cpu through ethernet by reading the program from cpu -> gx developer, then gx developer treats the cpu as an A2A(S1) instead of an A2AS(S1). Now, i don't know the differences between these cpu's, but you might get away with treating it as an A2A(S1). What i would do in that case: - do the programming using the cpu port (A2AS) - whenever you have to go online for remote access (monitoring and online change), you could probably get away by treating it as an A2A(S1). In that case, i would start by reading program+parameters from the cpu and start from there. The support for A2AS-cpu's (also S30, S60) through ethernet in GX Developer / GX IEC was strange to say the least. It never worked as it should be. Edited by Mitsu

I did what you wrote and it's working. I found out that I can not only monitor and make online change. I can download program to the PLC too, but without parameters. Only program. A2AS series PLCs are realy not good PLC. In the future I will replace it with Q2AS. Do you have any experiences with this CPU? We have a few pcs in our plant but I've never attempted to remote connect via ethernet to the Q2AS PLC. Probably, I will need 71QE71 eth. modul. Thanks for usefull informations.

As long as you don't transfer the parameters, i think you should be ok. It's not an ideal situation though. It's best that you use the programming port on the cpu whenever you can. I would probably keep my original project in A2AS(S1) and use a second project for monitor purposes/online change purposes (just "save as" your original project in a different name and change cpu in the new project whenever you need to monitor with ethernet). I don't have experience with the Q2AS but if you plan to upgrade your cpu, you might consider going QnU. Mitsubishi offers quite a big range of tools for easy integration from A to Q (including using old A cards or old A card wiring). Edited by Mitsu

You are right, it's not ideal solution, but... it's not easy to completly change A2AS PLC with all moduls (there is about 10 I/O and 3 special moduls on the machine) QnU PLC are smaller and using other type of base unit. Q2AS PLC is for A-series base units, but are using Q-series instructions. Q2AS CPU is something between A ans Q PLC. We have two ror three machines with Q2AS CPU, but without ethernet moduls. I try to order one A1SJ71QE71 ethernet modul and will pray

Mitsubishi has good docs detailing all possible transition options from A/QnA to QnU. There are several possible solutions. The easiest one in your case would probably be the QA1S65B/QA1S68B solution where you can keep the A-serie modules and add the QnU cpu on a separate Q serie rack. That way, you could use QnUDE (with ethernet onboard) and keep the old A-serie modules. With time, you could then gradually transition the A-serie modules to the Q-rack. Worth investigating at least imo. Depends ofcourse on budget, how long the plc needs to be future proof,...

I did not know about such a possibility. It sounds good. I'm going to read some manuals. Finally, it's cheaper to go this way then to buy expensive A-series CPU and moduls. Thanks a lot.

If your plc needs to be future proof, i would certainly consider some sort of A to Q transition solution when the budget allows it. I'm not sure but QnA must be at the end/out of production already so you're probably going to pay a high price for such material and it's not going to be future proof.i There is a good english brochure on the Japanese site which details all the options and steps you need to undertake for migration from A to Q. Maybe someone has this brochure or can provide a link? I'll have a look for it tomorrow.

I use the Norwegian distributor (Beijer) hence the links below are from their site, but they are Mitsubishi docs. This probably helps: 1. Fundementals: http://www.beijer.no/web/web_no_be_no.nsf/docsbycodename/filearchive?OpenDocument&mylink=/web/bexfilepileaut.nsf/fm.be.searchframe?Openform&Lang=NO&DocID=A00F04F8B684A344C125795F0035FC01 2. Int. Func. Modules: http://www.beijer.no/web/web_no_be_no.nsf/docsbycodename/filearchive?OpenDocument&mylink=/web/bexfilepileaut.nsf/fm.be.searchframe?Openform&Lang=NO&DocID=3AEF0567C84A9ADCC125795F0035D3D0 3. A/QnA (Large): http://www.beijer.no/web/web_no_be_no.nsf/docsbycodename/filearchive?OpenDocument&mylink=/web/bexfilepileaut.nsf/fm.be.searchframe?Openform&Lang=NO&DocID=AB532FD3A61EDC5DC12578DF003729FF 4. Adapters: http://www.beijer.no/web/web_no_be_no.nsf/docsbycodename/filearchive?OpenDocument&mylink=/web/bexfilepileaut.nsf/fm.be.searchframe?Openform&Lang=NO&DocID=166AE528F6A32665C12573B50043E3CC

Not so long ago, while browsing the Japanese site, i encountered an up to date pdf (dated october 2012) for both the large type A serie and small type A serie (which is a recent addition, i think). I've got it on my pc at work but i'm not sure how i could upload it for others? I'm going to have a look and see if i can find the link on the japanese site.

There is an entire section at www.meau.com related to the A-Q transition, and all of the AnS to Q manuals are there already too. http://www.meau.com/eprise/main/sites/public/PRODUCTS/Programmable_Logic_Controllers/A_and_QnA_Series/-A_Series_Transition_Center