Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ECSI

Citect Licensing

6 posts in this topic

My customer had a computer crash recently. The original computer ran Windows XP and Citect v7.0 with a 500 point runtime license. They bought a new Windows 7 computer and according to Citect website version 7.0 is not Windows 7 compatible. So, if I download Citect v7.2 (the latest) and update the project with it, do I also need to get a runtime license upgrade or will the original still work? As far as I can see, the runtime license is just a USB key for online activation. Are these version specific? Or, maybe v7.0 will work fine on Windows 7 even though it's not "officially" compatible? Thanks for any advice. Edited by ECSI

If your customer has maintained the maintenance agreement you can just buy a USB dongle fairly cheaply, if they have not maintained the manitenance agreement you will probably have to pay that up before they will sell you a dongle - check with Schneider. You may also be able to just update the existing dongle here http://www.citect.schneider-electric.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1592&Itemid=942

The maintenance agreement is expired. So does updating the dongle allow it to work with a newer version?

You can only try at the link I provided - you have to enter the licence key number there. You may have to join My Citect to access that page, I am not sure. I am a paid up Citect Integrator so I have access there. I suspect that if maintenance has expired it will not work until maintenance is paid up. Your only other option would be to go back to XP and the old version.

OK thanks BobB!

License on your dongol is valid for Vijeo citect version 7.x so it will work on version 7.2 without buying new one, windows version does not make difference. In case it does not work you can go to http://www.citect.schneider-electric.com/authcode follow details to get update code for free then go to Vijeo citec explorer to Help>Upgrade key and enter new code.