Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Veganic

FX3DedicatedInverter_V100.zip

12 posts in this topic

Has anyone else tried to use the "Advanced" program example for the FX3 dedicated inverter library? The function block seems to work ok. The sample program doesn't. It compiles and downloads ok but gives a "Ladder Error" I have screen grabs of the offending code. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ The general question is how can a program which compiles ok give ladder errors when downloaded? The specific question is what is wrong with this sample program/my use of it?

No problems

Do you mean no problem compiling or no problem compiling and downloading to a plc? The problems start when it is downloaded. Thanks.

So.The project in the controller Edited by KAZAH

This is what I get.... If I upload load with GX developer I get lots of yellow errors. If I delete two networks from the original program I can get it to "work".

1. What prog software type and version 2. What CPU type and version?

1. GX Works 2 1.87R 2. FX3G 1.41

Do you have any other program than just the inverter prog? I've encountered this error in the past and this was caused by too many "AND" instructions (the instructions without _E inputs). In essence the "AND" does not have an LD instruction in front, and too many of these can cause the error in question. If you have any other programs/POUs or similar try removing them and then download just for a test. If not, try browsing to the specified error step and take a screenshot.

I tried just using the sample program alone. I'll have to go back to the start and record all stages. Thanks for you help so far. The general question still remains, why will the software compile and download cdoe that leads straight to a ladder error.

No idea..... Sounds like a compiler bug to me since it would be no problem checking the number of instructions vs the number of LDs... Been since like GX IEC...

I'm guessing that I compiled the program for FX3U and downloaded to a FX3G! FX3G cannot index bits (M100Z0), FX3U can.

Really, didn't know 3G couldn't index bits!!