Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
turbotater

anyone want to donate a program example

4 posts in this topic

i am looking for options. requirements are 5/04 processor with HMI (start /stop / recipe/ speed up / down) with VFD for motor 1 conveyor with 1 motor drive. 2 recipes. each recipe has a different speed. after a recipe is entered and the conveyor is running there is a manual seperate speed up/down function for motor that's it i am building a conveyor system ( 9 conveyors ) plus one machine with 6 motors doing different functions with inputs from basic cam box , photo eyes etc. i have a dozen different products that require 5 different recipes for speed. i am not happy with my recipe / speed ladders and i am looking for a better mousetrap. I have it running using a manual speed function working good . i have added a recipe function and that worked well . i then tried adding a modify the recipe function and it went to crap. i can e-mail a .rss if anyone is interested thanxs

I like to store my recipes in separate files. I always reserve multiply the amount of required space at design time. If I have 10 for sure "ingredients" and I am low on memory, I will reduce the default number of elements of each recipe file from 256 to say 100. If I have 6 recipes I know I need to run yesterday, I will build in at least ten or twenty files. So, N70:[0 through 255] is recipe number 0. This is the running recipe. N71:[0 through 255] is recipe number 1 and so on... N90:[0 through 255] is recipe number 20 N91:[0 through 255] is recipe being edited. Now you can edit a recipe without affecting the running recipe, and later, cancel your edits, review them, show them with the original in adjacent columns, whatever you want. When you want to keep the recipe edits, hit the save button and COP the file N91:0 to N[destination number]:0 with a length of 128, and COP the last 128 locations with a 2nd "COP N91:128 N[dest]:128 128" (Copy can only handle 128 words at a time). You can also allow the running recipe values to be edited, and then saved back to the stored file if desired.

Not a full Fledged Program, but I'll build on Okie's Idea. Obviously you'll have an N69:[0 thru 255] for manual mode parameters. Now here is where it gets sweet. If you're in manual and you create up/dn adjustements you can then write a save manual settings to a recipe COP instruction as well. Will come in handy when you ahve to "fine tune" Products 3 and 4 on the system. yes I read and know they only plan for 2 now.

i have it functioning properly with just 2 rungs rung 1= XIC pushbutton (HMI) for executing a copy statement for moving the recipe value into the output address rung 2=XIC pushbutton (HMI) for executing a percentage number into the input of the scale with parameters function 1 current problem - it is possible though to command a precentage value that when multiplied by the recipe value a number greater than 32768 can be generated causing a fault a limit test in the second rung testing the output address did not stop the math problem i cannot limit the input percentage values as potentially a low recipe number may need modified by a large number for production.