Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stickman47

Trying to Set Up an Analog Output

6 posts in this topic

I am trying to set up an Analog Output as 0-10VDC in an established program. The basis for this output is an integer. I have read where FC 105 and FC 106 can be used to "Scale" and "Uncscale" an integer to allow infinate control of the PQW output. In my case the FC 105 & 106 already exist in the program. If I try to add either of the FC's from the Standard Library I get a message that they already exist, do I want to overwrite them. The existing FC 105 also has ladder and STL programs written within the block and the STL has syntax errors. I don't know what this logic is performing as all the elements are without labels so I am hesitant to overwrite this logic. Is there any other way to scale an integer to an Analog Output? The integer I have is not large enough to drive the Analog Output. I have tried using MUL_I and MOV to the PQW but the numbers are not accurate enough and I can only multiply by another integer at In2. I will try to add a screen shot of the FC 105, but it is large and I don't know how many sections I can post here. FC105.txt FC105_2.txt Edited by stickman47

Stick man Don't drag it from the library since its already in the blocks folder Just drag it from the FC folder. Or you can copy and paste any of the other fc105 or 106 and paste On another network and modify your in and outs I hope this makes sense

I have added text files of the STL networks I have in FC105. Both the CALL and END CALL statements are showing as syntax errors. I can't find any other use of FC 105 or FC 106 in hte project. I will try your recommendation, I just hope the other junk in the FC does not interfere with the operation of it. Thanks!

FC 105 fault.txt Edited by stickman47

hi i am very new in step 7 and i wish to have documents that can help me program in step 7 with practical examples thanks

To All, I have resolved my problem with the Analog Output. I didn't take notice that there were already 8 cards in the rack. The analog output I was adding would have been the ninth card. This was not picked up during the hardware configuration because the original programmre did not have the OB for hardware faults installed. I re-programmed my output to another Analog card and it is functioning correctly. THe issue I had with the FC105 & FC106 was resolved by deleting the existing FC's and replacing them with the catalog. The original programmer was using FC105 & FC106 to develop fault messaging to an HMI. This incomplete program was corrupting the SCALE and UNSCALE functions. Thanks to all for your input on this.