Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Conor

SLC 1747-L551 16K

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I came in this morning and was told that one of my PLC's was showing a "Watchdog" error on Scada. I went on-line and found the PLC was faulted. I have attached a screen dump of the error. I was able to reset the fault ok. The error was Major Fault on Communication Channel #1, error code S2:15 = 0 (hex) I had a look at the help file and it says that S2:15 is set to 1 to accept one message at a time, and set to 0 to accept multiple messages. I searched in my code and I don't set this. The help file said that you can either set it by a latch or keep un-set with an unlatch. I wonder does anyone have any idea's/help with this please. Conor dr_b_wim_fault_27_8_12.doc

There is a little more to that error, see pdf below. What else is connected to channel one that may be polling or messaging on that port? Status.pdf

Hi guys, This processor is connected to a Stratix 8000 Managed switch, and there are two L35E processors that are reading messages from it. I was trying to go to the web page of the processor and the web page was not showing. I went online and found that the processor was only set to 10 Mb Half duplex. I checked the processor and it was a 1747-L551 B 4 1747-OS501 C 4 I installed a new processor this morning 1747-L551 C 5 1747-OS501 C 11 I was able to set this processor up to 100 Mb Full duplex. I was then able to go on to the web page of the new processor. Hopefully this may help the issue that I was getting Conor

Thanks for the update with your solution.

That servicing selection bit is often just set manually (RSLogix500 right click, toggle bit) sometimes during troubleshooting, and saved that way, although it should be hard coded if used. The 10Mb half setting is probably leftover from a prior SLC with earlier hardware e-net daughtercard...both settings may be legacy settings since your new SLC supports full duplex/100Mb and at least twice as many connections. Edited by OkiePC