Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WKla

Relative library path

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a problem with library management. When I work on a project I put a copy of the library in the root of the project and then I install the library (the copy from the root). But if I move the project and the library on another computer and I want to modify the library, I have to browse the library again and to specify the new path. How to use relative paths? I've seen that the example projects from Beijer work fine with relative paths. I use GX IEC Developer 7.04. Thank you.

Use "..\[Libname]" (see picture)

I've tried this method, I install the library and move the project and the library, but when I try to "Open" the library a message opens: "The Userlib c:\...(the complete path)\test.SUL is not existing. Do you want to browse for the file, create the userlib at the given location or cancel the operation?". The relative path to the library remains the same when moving.

Yes, there are some bugs with it, but after you've moved it/copied it to a new location, simply type "..\[name]" and it will automatically find the library again

Yes indeed there are some bugs. After I've moved it, I inserted the relative path again as you said. I've moved once again and the problem disappeared. Then I had made the same operation without moving, click Modify and reinserted the relative path and after that it keeps the settings. Thanks! Edited by WKla