Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denise01

Transfering Data To A Monitor

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I have just completed a programme on CXP using a CJ1M displaying various counts that are displayed on an overhead Monitor. The data is displayed using Supervisor ie Text and Counters Display. Is there a cheaper way to transfer the Data and Text from CXP as Supervisor Run Time is expensive and a NS Screen is too small for my companys purpose. Regards Peter

Hello, PeakHMI might be a good fit.

Perhaps use an OPC server and design your own screen layout using VB or similar?

Thanks for the advice. Do you know if OPC can be used on more than one computer or does it have a run liicsence the same as Supervisor. I only really have to display three text boxes and a three Counters on the Monitor. Regards Peter

I have just recently got the CX-server lite for our school, so I'm not an expert on OPC. CX-server lite is a one computer only license, and it don't seem to support web applications. It can, however, communicate with approx 50 PLCs, and if your screens are not too far apart, I suppose you can run 3 monitors on one PC.

Okay Thanks, Is it fairly easy to design the screen that I will need ie 3 text boxes and 3 Counter displays. Regards Peter