Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Foliver

Problem on a Kinetix 6000

6 posts in this topic

Let me describe the system first 1768-L43 Ver.18.11. Mo4se Ver 18.5 , 3 axis with the same motor and the same mechanical setup making the same movement. The system been runing for amlmost 3 years now. we have that system in different location in north america and this is the first place this happen. The customer called us because he had problem with an axis (#2). So as usual we start by changing the cable, then the motor, finally the drive. We also change the sercos card an the optic fiber. after changing the Kinetix backplne, I've call the AB guy. At that time we had an error E07 on the drive 2. From there we tied different thing like, re-re-re verifying all firmware, deleted harmony file, export the program in L5k download, deleted everything linking the the motion group(axis, drive sercos card) and rebuild it. Tried again, now the sercos ring stop at 3, like if the motor is not configure, but it configured exactly as the two other. so we tried to download the program with the axis #2 motor catalog number at "non". The sercos ring goes to 4. Return offline, put the right catalog number, download, the ring stop a 3 again. so we tied again to take our spare motor ( with his own cable) on the axis 3. the spare kit is working fine. we take that, install it on axis 2. not working. Swap drive 2 and 3, the error stay on axis 2 (did not follow the drive). do you have any idea, other than sending a new Plc+drive cabinet? Regards, Foliver

Did you try replacing the Kinetix chassis?

yes that what I meant when it said changing the backplane Edited by Foliver

I seen that before, there a little difference in version 18 and up, it's now a .cmf file and you need a special program to install it on a computer. I've checked that already. but I'm thinking of re-install that and try it. even if I already rebuild the axis group and they are the same motor. So I would think that if the motion data base is in error, it would be on all axis, but from now on nothing make sense anymore. I also tried to flash (again) all drive, trying to kind of reset the drive to factory default. did not change anything. apparently there a way to "see" what motor the drive is seeing with a special cable, I'll try to find that. Foliver

we are not get the module to communicate directly for the drive so we tried couple thing. flash the processor and sercos card in 17 then back in 18, just to be sure that everything been erase in the memory. re try to swap motor and cable from axis 2 to 3. that time the fault goes on drive 3. Put new cable. same thing, put a new motor, same thing. Put the new cable and motor on axis 2, worked fine but still a fault on drive 3. we left that like this for the night. Came back this morning to test while all other motor on site is off to be sure that there is no leak to the ground. A surprise: the error is now on axis #2. I've also overwrites the .CMF file and rebuild again the axis. no change. Sometime the Sercos loop stop at 3 and sometime we have a E07 ( no feedback ) error. the only other thing I thinking of is installing version 19 and see what happen. I also wandering about the BC01 module, if it can cause some voltage drop or if it can messed-up the communication with the other Bm01 module.... Foliver