Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
diaelecj07

Q64AD - Installing New Sensor

5 posts in this topic

I am installing a new analog sensor into an existing Q64AD module that came with the machine. There were already 3 analog sensors installed that came with the machine. After physically installing the sensor and programming the PLC similarly to the original programming* for the original 3 analog sensors, converting the changes and also writing the program to the PLC, the new sensor's data would not be read by the PLC. It only displayed '0' in monitor mode when moving the sensor. * The programming is very similar to the example in the Q64AD manual I then used GX Configurator-AD to set parameters for the module**. I setup the Initial Settings and Auto Refresh, saved the parameters, remote stopped the PLC, and wrote those parameters to the PLC. After I put the PLC back into RUN, the sensor's data could then be read in Monitor Mode. ** There was a warning that said the conditions to create an FB were not ready, the FB conversion could not be used. After cycling the power to the PLC and going back into monitor mode, the sensor data went back to always reading 0. Please let me know if you need more details. I would be grateful for any help. Thanks in advance.

Are the sensors all the same signals (4-20mA / 0-10V....)? When you used the config AD tool, did you remove the PLC program for the specific channel? If not, then your PLC Config AD file will be overwritten by the seqence program...

The original 3 sensors are wired and configured for voltage. The new sensor is wired and configured for current. Switch 1 settings are [0222] in the parameters. I did add a TO and FROM command in the ladder logic similar to the original/example program. Yes, I left it in the program after using the Config AD tool. When I have a moment, I will remove the TO and FROM commands and let you know the results. Thanks.

Update from yesterday evening: I left the original programming for the original 3 channels in the program and deleted the programming for the new channel that I added. I then used ConfigAD to set up the new channel only. Same results as before- it worked well until the power was cycled. I am still slightly confused as to why it will not work with TO and FROM commands only. Also, is there something I need to do as far as making the intelligent module parameters load after the power is cycled? Thanks again.

the only time i was unable to accomplish configuration of Mitsubishi card without TO/FROM or MOV instructions was when using Profibus. AD64 is very simple to use, here is an example from one of the projects. notes: - i prefer MOV/BMOV over TO/FROM because I can use comments on all addresses such as "U4\G10" and see them in List of Used Devices. - your problem seem to be with enabling channel, configurator does it for you and then this works as long as plc runs. but when you restart plc, there is line of code in PLC that writes to AD64 buffer what channels are to be used. you never modified that part so when you start plc, all changes done by configurator are gone. in my example that would be the first line of code (enable all 4 channels). Example using Q64AD-GH card (here using address 40h) Note: switch settings in "PLC parameter" > "IO settings" > "Switch settings" are: Analog input range / Input range switch setting value 4..20mA 0H 0..20mA 1H 1..5V 2H 0..5V 3H –10..10V 4H 0..10V 5H switch setting 4001h for example means: ch3: -10..10V ch2: 4..20mA ch1: 4..20mA ch0: 0..20mA PLC code: ld sm400 movp h0 u4\g0 ;; enable channels (or should be able to leave it and let it use default settings) ld sm400 movp h0 u4\g1 ;; set avg ch0 ld sm400 movp h5 u4\g2 ;; set avg ch1 ld sm400 movp k300 u4\g3 ;; set avg ch2 ld sm400 movp h0 u4\g4 ;; set avg ch3 ld sm400 movp h202 u4\g9 ;; avg process setting ld sm400 mov u4\g10 k1m100 ;; read flags "conversion complete" ld sm400 mov u4\g19 d100 ;; read alarm number ld m0 out Y4F ;; reset alarm ld m100 mov u4\g11 D130 ;; read channel 0 (only when conversion complete) ld m101 mov u4\g12 D131 ;; read channel 1 (only when conversion complete) ld m102 mov u4\g13 d132 ;; read channel 2 (only when conversion complete) ld m103 mov u4\g14 d133 ;; read channel 3 (only when conversion complete)