Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
screaminlean

DM Val in Timers? :(

6 posts in this topic

Hi I have started a small program for a filling machine at work using a CP1L and NQ5 I need some help as I am doing the program at home. There are 4 timers and I have set D10001 - 4 with values of 100, 125, 150, 175 I have added symbols for each DM and assigned those to the timers now when I run on simulator these values just show as 0 ? I have uploaded the project file can anyone tell me if i have assigned the values to the timers correctly? This is my first real project so go easy!! Regards L10_PLC1.cxp Edited by screaminlean

Until you connect your NQ5 to the CP1L, you have no way to set the values in D10001-D10004. You need to temporarily move values into D10001-D10004. LD CF113 MOV #100 D10001 MOV #125 D10002 MOV #150 D10003 MOV #175 D10004 Be sure to take this circuit out when you hookup your NQ5.

Thanks for the help do I use the DM directly or do I keep the symbols? Edited by screaminlean

If you keep the symbols you can use either. One of the lovely things about CX-P. I normally use direct address but sometimes symbols - just start typing whatever you wish in the input/output box - symbols or addresses.

Thanks I am getting the hang of things now no formal training lol :) One of the nice things I have discovered is that if I use symbols if I change the DM address then I do not need to track all references in the ladder so I will keep them cheers peeps!

Yep - that is a beauty. Works for al memory areas as well. Just be careful you do not duplicate numbers or you will confuse CX-P and get some unexpected resukts. If I am moving things around I normally move addresses to something that is not being used at all and then move things to the address eparately. Then move the other bits into the new area - double moving but much safer to save confusing CX-P.