Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tingxing

from Omron to Mitsubishi

9 posts in this topic

is there any guide for porting an Omron PLC system to Mitsubishi? The original Omron PLC system is comprised of some I/O units, motor controllers, device net units, and also uses PID process control functions. are there any possible problems with this change? Thanks in advance. Ting

there is no such guide

sad! I had thought Mitsubishi might have provided some advice. there should be someone doing such kind of work.

Well, Omron ladder and Mitsubishi ladder aren't that different. As long as you have the original Omron program it shouldn't be too hard....

Most PLC ladders are similar, so converting them should not be major. Having worked with Omron and Mitsubishi for years, I don't think you will have any difficulty.

Thanks for the reply. I noticed in Omron's CXOne tool group, there is a converter program for converting Mitsubishi Ladder. I dont know if Mitsubishi provides such tool. If only for the Ladder, it might be simple. I am afraid there might be other difficulty - as far as I know device net can not be used in Mitsubishi systems -?such kind of problems.

Mitsubishi Q-series has a DeviceNet module.

Mitsubishi offers quite a few DeviceNet products. VFDs, master modules for the A and Q Series, slave module for the FX Series. You were misinformed.

Thank you all very much, there is device net module from Mitsubishi. Really I have been misinformed by the promotion (?) of CCLink. I ever worried about that if there is no Device Net support, some of our devices have to be replaced. because these equipments provides device net support only.