Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jaze3927

Unable to Upload Full Program from CQM1-CPU21

3 posts in this topic

I am trying to upload the program from a CQM1-CPU21 using CX v. 4.1. Setup: using CPM1-CIF01 interface unit to a seriel to USB converter to my laptop. Dipswitches at the unit are set at 1, 2, 4, 5 --> OFF; 3, 6 --> ON. Problem: I try to auto connect. I get a message that says "Modem port has been selected. Do you wish to continue?" I say 'Yes'. Next message is "Failed to upload the expansion functions". I click 'OK'. Next message is "Failed to upload the settings". I click 'OK'. Finally, the program appears to upload, but it mainly just has alot of "????" lines and NOP commands. The program that is running currently is operational. I thought maybe it had to do with the modem, so I disabled the modem. Then, it would fail to connect at all. I considered setting #4 DIP switch (Expansion instructions set by user) to ON, but I wasn't sure if I had to power the unit down completely to do that... Or maybe some other problem? Any suggestions??? Regards, Evan

Try straiight uploading and select your serial port for the uSB adaptor. Beware, USB/serial adaptors can be cranky and not work properly - I use the Omron one and it never fails. I have not worked with one of these for many years now - or any other Omron PLC where I had to use expansion instructions. I think the switch has to set to 'user defined' expansion instructions and then it should upload. You will also have to set youir processor up in CX-One for normal upload. Try powering down and upo again before trying the upload as the dip switch settings, I think, require a power down to take effect. Hope this helps - really rusty on these old girls these days.

Thanks for the suggestions! I don't have an Omron USB adapter, but I've tested the one I use and it seems ok. I tried toggling the DIP switch for user defined expansions instructions to ON, cycled power, and same result. I tried connecting to another Omron PLC (C200H) that I've connected to before using another older laptop, but it had the same result with this laptop. The older laptop (that successfully connects to C200H) runs an old version of Syswin, so i don't *think* it would work with the CQM1. All this makes me think the problem is with my CX settings. Any suggestions for what I need to do on CX-Programmer v 4.01 to get it talking?