Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deanna Craig

Wonderware window sizing

4 posts in this topic

I recently installed Wonderware Development Studio Consignment ver 10.1A onto my computer. When I created new windows in WindowMaker I gave them a certain size (height 800, width 1000) before naming and saving them. But when I switch to run-time in WindowView the dimensions of the window change (example: height of 752, width of 491) causing the graphics within to distort. When I switch back to development in WindowMaker the window shrinks even more (ex: h= 512, w= 322). The window and the graphics have to be re-sized after every switch from WindowView to WindowMaker. I've tried changing the dimensions in the main window properties and re-saving, deleting the window and creating a new one, all with the same problem. There is no set amount the windows re-size by, the dimensions are a totally new set of values each time. I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this problem before and if so how to fix it? I have also been trying WW tech-support but haven't had a viable solution yet.

Not sure if this helps, but in my limited exposure to Wonderware I've elarned tha the End Target Resolution {ie 1024x768} needs to match the development resolution for the least amount of problems. We always develop on a system with the Windows Resoluiton set to match the target system.

I made some changes to the resolutions of Viewer and Maker before ever opening a window and I haven't had any problems yet. Thank you!

No Problem DC. For all it's "greatness" {i.e. a Wonderware 1.0 application running on Windows for Workgroups 3.11 can be ported to Wonderware 10 on a windows 7 machine and it wil work. -- tyr that with VB or msot other GUI Programs} window size and resoluton has been the one achilles heel. -- IMHO