Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denise01

NS 5 HMI Screen Problem

4 posts in this topic

Hi, Wonder if any one can help me. I havr just compiled a programme on Designer Version 2.1. I down loaded this on to my NS 5 Version 2 screen via a USB cable, when the transfer was complete it says on Designer that the NS Screen will be restarted and when it is nothing happens, just the message Connecting. Is this because I need to connect to the CJ1M PLC that I intend to control the screen with or have I done something wrong when transferring. Regards Peter

Yes you would need to have the host PLC connected and communicating for you to be able to operate the pages. If you want to test your program you can use the integrated simulation and manipulate the PLC data with a test tool, or even hook it up to a simulated PLC program. Not sure if this all was available in V2.1 but pretty sure.

Thanks a lot, This is my first time linking a PLC to a NS5 Screen I just want to connect one screen. Is it best to connect via the RS232 port using HostLink in both PLC and Designer settings rather than 1:1 which I couldnt see in my PLC Programme settings. Regards Peter