Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jydepower

Problems with connecting a Q03UDEcpu with E1071

10 posts in this topic

Hallo everyone. Im trying to connect a E1071 to a Q03UDEcpu through the build-in ethernet port. Is this even possible? Ive tried several protocols in e-designer, and nothing works. Do i need a QJ71E71 Ethernet module for this to work? Regards Martin.

It should work, but if you update your drivers in E-designer you can select the MC protocol which has an easier setup for the QnUDECPU.

Ok will that. I'm all new to e-designer. So I was wondering if (when I get connected) its possible to browse the variables on the plc, in e-designer?

Yes, you can do this from the system Monitor. It's a default screen on a E-Panel. All you need to do is create a jump to this screen.

What i mean is. Can you from E-designer see what variables you have declared in a current MX IEC developer project? Like you can with winCC and step 7.

I am fairly certain you cannot. Keep in mind E Series is made by a third party, not Mitsubishi, and so I doubt it has the capability to read the label data in the CPU. It can access all PLC addresses directly, but not by user-defined tag names.

Actually you can!!! You can import the .asc file containing the Variables from GX IEC developer into E-designer or the .nam file from Meslec Medoc You can also use MX Change if you have that installed. The manufacturer for the E-series Terminals is also the distributor for Mitsubishi automation products in Sweden. That's why they have a good integration between software packages. Edited by Gambit

Very good to know. Edited by jydepower

Ive been trying to setup using the MC protocol without succes. I think my problem is port settings. I have no idea what the ports should be, and what format it shold be in. Heres some images. Any ideas?

I got it to work! Think the solution was to cycle the power to the plc. A new problem to what Gambit said: Importing the .asc file worked until i changed to mc protocol. Now the import oprtions are all grayed out. Also for MXchange.