Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plckid

Going online with Omron CJ1M via ethernet?

7 posts in this topic

Hey Folks First of all I am all new to omron plcs. Tried to upload the program via cx programmer via ethernet. We have omron CJ1M with a separte ethernet module. That is what I did. Made my lan network same as plc network. Click Direct online Ethernet Ip . When I enter the Ip adress of the PLC manually. I Cant connect . It says failed to connect. Can some one guide me. The thing with omron is that documentation is as great as AB. Please help me out Thanks PS: I stopped rslinx drivers

There are two different ethernet in Omron. 1. Ethernet/IP 2. Ethernet FINs Therefore please check what ethernet module you are using 1st before you select network type to connect. PS: Try using Ethernet (FINs/TCP)

Have you tried pinging the PLC? Is it on the same subnet and have the same mask?

Yes I tried Pinging the plc and get a reply back.I will try Ethernet FINS. Also, Is there a document or something so that i can read.

I normally use Ethernet IP - my first PLC is 192.168.250.1 (last number selectable by switch) (Omron default IP area) and I set my PC Ethernet card for IPv4 to fixed address 192.168.250.20. Mask is 255.255.255.0. Just been online to 9 PLCs this way this morning.

Sounds like he just has a ETN21 and not an EIP21. Hence Ethernet I/P is not supported but FINS Ethernet is.

I agree with the esteemed PDL. This is probably an ETN21, not an EIP21, so the EtherNet/IP protocol selection will not work. One of the good features of Omron is that an EIP21 or an ETN21 will work with the FINS protocol. Configure CX Programmer for 'Ethernet', leave all the settings on the Network tab at '0', and enter the PLC IP address on the 'Driver' tab. This should allow you to connect.