Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DeMuyOba

Frank Petruzella PLC Lab Manual

8 posts in this topic

I am having problems completing lab 4-24 in Frank Petruzella PLC Lab Manual (4th edition). I am not sure of how I would add the binary numbers to B3:5 and B3:7 - see the attached image. I am using the CD from thelearningpit.com that came with the lab manual. I will really appreciate someone's assistance. Thank you. DeMuy

The instruction shown is an AND, not an ADD. They do different things. What result are you getting in B3:10?

I am sorry, I meant to use the word AND B3:5 and B3:7. The problem is that I am not able to assign the binary values to B3:5 and B3:7. I am looking for the steps using the CD from thelearningpit.com. Thank you. DeMuy

I didn't read this book but I can show you how to achieve this. First, you have to increase the number of element in binary file to at least 11 (you cannot do this online). Then you'll get acces to B3:10. Once done, you have to enter the value (online or offline), if you are familiar with hex or decimal, you can change the radix (drop down menu in the lower right corner). I send a short video to show you the detail. I assume you didn't write data in B3:5 and B3:7 binary file in you program. Set binary.avi Edited by slcman

I was not able to view the attached video file and still unable to add the binary data into the binary file. I am attaching a screenshot of the current status: Please provide be a step-by-step procedure where possible. Thank you. DeMuy

Try manipulating the bits in the two input words (B3:5 and B3:7) and turning on I:1/0, then see what happens to B3:10. The output you're showing looks correct for the inputs you have. You should be able to click on any of the bits in the Data file window and change its state by typing in a 1 or a 0.

Thats how you do it in RSLogix but can you do the same with LogixPro from the Learning Pit?

Thank you much. I finally got it to work with LogixPro from the Learning Pit. I had to double-click the cell corresponding to the Binary file (say B3:5) and the bit (say 7) in the binary table. The book did not provide steps but I am grateful I asked on this forum. Thank you again.