Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pavan

D700 inverter communication through FX3U PLC

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I am using FX3U PLC to communicate to D700 Inverter. I am trying to work on the sample program given in the manual and i am not able to drive the inverter through PLC. I am using structured Ladder and i am not sure how HFA instruction command will work here. In the manual it simply says that b1 of H0FA is set to ON and b2 of H0FA is set to ON and i am not sure how to give this. I've copied the same ladder from the manual, but it does not work. Also, i am using the communication cable as shown in the attached. Not sure if thats the correct way to do. Can someone please explain me the working of this program. It will be very much helpful. Many Thanks, Pavan

The example code in the manuals is for ladder, not structured ladder. I have never tried communication with the cable you are using and an RS232 board, just RS485. But it should work since that cable has a converter in it. Have you looked at Mitsubishi's websites for sample programs? They have a wide variety, not sure specifically for your setup.

The Frequency Inverters use ModbusRTU RS485, and your BD card is a RS232 card. You cannot mix RS485 and RS232. You should get a correct card/cable first.

Use the 485 ADP Module that fits on the Left Hand Side Bus.

I don't think the FX3U-232-BD has the 5v supply to power the converter the 485-BD would be the better choice